PDA

View Full Version : lightwave help documentation updated?

nicolashe
02-23-2012, 02:15 AM
Hi,
I am a long time user of lightwave. Back since my days as a student in Japan with the good old 7.5 version. At the time an unsurpassable tool and a great help documentation written to help you understand all parts of the software.

However, the latest version had been lacking in what I consider the most important element to communicate with the artists the possibilities of their tool. There are many items, and crucial ones, that are simply non existent, like the exlude from V-stack tool, or other with an incomplete explanations.

My question is: has this documentation been properly expanded to include all the new tools?

I am a rather technical artist who really like to go under the skin of every tools. And that was something I really enjoyed of the old documentation in Lightwave. Lately however this has been neglected, leaving to me to endless trial and errors in search of what a tool or property specifically does. Am I the only one who feels this way?

Philbert
02-23-2012, 02:20 AM
I assume it's included with the full version too, but you can download docs on all the new tools on the trial page (right under the big download buttons)

http://www.newtek.com/lightwave-downloads.html

nicolashe
02-23-2012, 04:17 AM
Wow, I am just reading them and it looks like a step, or actually a good jump, in the right direction. I know wonder how the interactive help and documentation in LW 11 is.

Philbert
02-23-2012, 04:39 AM
It's the same HTML based help as 10 and 9.x too I believe. I really like and and actually prefer it over a PDF or paper manual. It's very easy to search and find good examples of what you're looking for.

wrench
02-23-2012, 05:59 AM
The docs for 11 will be limited to the addendum for the time being. The docs are being overhauled for a complete rewrite for 12.

B

leroy3rd
02-23-2012, 09:57 PM
The docs are being overhauled for a complete rewrite for 12.

B

LIKE!

-LeRoy3rd

nicolashe
02-24-2012, 05:19 AM
That is good to know...they did need a good rewrite.

Mangoat
02-24-2012, 07:06 AM
Excellent - I do likes me some documentation!