PDA

View Full Version : Transistor > 1 atom

erikals
02-22-2012, 09:51 AM
 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ue4z9lB5ZHg

now, what's next, hm,... adjusting the path of an electron?

 

shrox
02-22-2012, 09:53 AM
 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ue4z9lB5ZHg

now, what's next, hm,... adjusting the path of an electron?

 
Actually, that is my sister's job at Intel...

erikals
02-22-2012, 10:53 AM
Wow! :]
 

shrox
02-22-2012, 10:57 AM
Wow! :]
 

She adjusts the paths of electrons I mean, and she works as a lead tech at Intel's most advanced plant in the world. She even gets to wear a fully pressurized clean suit. The President dropped by there a few weeks ago.

Dexter2999
02-22-2012, 12:10 PM
Can't watch the video at work. I've seen a video that says that this is the big step towards quantum computing. But that is still probably 20 years off and not for consumers as they will have to be cooled most likely by liquid nitrogen.

I first heard about this project like 15 years ago, so it looks like they are halfway there.

Shrox- was your sister part of the team that spelled out "INTEL" in atoms a couple of years ago?

wrench
02-22-2012, 02:11 PM
Like in The Last Mimzy? That's an easily overlooked sci-fi film that's actually really good (and has LightWave involvement for the "sugar dance" ;))

B

shrox
02-22-2012, 02:17 PM
Like in The Last Mimzy? That's an easily overlooked sci-fi film that's actually really good (and has LightWave involvement for the "sugar dance" ;))

B

That movie was just, I don't know. Couldn't he have just sent something that just did something impressive to demonstrate it's origin, then deliver it's message?

wrench
02-22-2012, 03:24 PM
It's a pretty convoluted way to work, but I like the way it's brought together.

B

Cryonic
02-24-2012, 10:27 AM
That movie was just, I don't know. Couldn't he have just sent something that just did something impressive to demonstrate it's origin, then deliver it's message?

It wasn't delivering a message, it came seeking something that humanity had lost that was allowing some disease in the future was killing us all. In doing so, it modified us in the past which caused a better future for humanity.

prometheus
02-25-2012, 08:26 AM
She adjusts the paths of electrons I mean, and she works as a lead tech at Intel's most advanced plant in the world. She even gets to wear a fully pressurized clean suit. The President dropped by there a few weeks ago.

The Newtek team should consider using fully pressurized clean suits, who knows we might get a much faster lightwave and less buggy:)
(great job on the last lightwave version thou)
I guess it would be quite hot in there thou in Texas and all.

Michael

shrox
02-25-2012, 09:49 AM
...I guess it would be quite hot in there thou in Texas and all.

Michael

Even worse, she's in Arizona.

zapper1998
02-25-2012, 10:34 AM
ccoolll