PDA

View Full Version : Tricaster 850 Extreme A/B transition

BambooRusty
02-22-2012, 08:41 AM
Hi,

My first post on this site. Thanks for having me!

I am wondering if there is a way to have use a transition (pre-built wipe) through a dsk and automatically have it go to what's on preview?

So you'd trigger the effect by turning on DSK and the wipe happens, but then if I am going to DDR1, I have it selected on preview and it automatically switcher to pgm.

Does that make sense?

Hope someone can help. I also have a question about time warp, but I'll post that somewhere else.

Thanks!

Lee-AVP
02-22-2012, 08:52 AM
You have figured out the work-around for custom transitions. You'll need some kind of macro system to execute the effect: Either one of the control solutions from Youngmonkey, or you could get a gamer's macro panel like a Logitech G13.

BambooRusty
02-22-2012, 08:57 AM
Thanks Lee.

So what you're saying is, nothing with the existing software or hardware from the 850 extreme will do this?

SBowie
02-22-2012, 09:56 AM
If I understand your post correctly, you just need to get the hang of the Transition and Delegate system on your EXTREME. You can certainly transition a DDR>DSK and PGM/PVW simultaneously.

BambooRusty
02-22-2012, 11:22 AM
Thanks for the replies.

I was able to create a transition in animation store through the software on my 850 and then bring it in to my project as a transition.

kltv
02-22-2012, 11:24 AM
If you are on the Extreme, why not build a custom transition using the animation store creator? Then you can do that easily. Just render out your existing DDR animation as a .PNG sequence and the sound effect (if any) as a .wav file. Go to the Add Ons and fire up Animation Store Creator. Import the sequence, set a cut point and load your .wav file. Once you've exported the transition, you can import it into the bin and it will work like any other transition.

Kris

Lee-AVP
02-22-2012, 12:56 PM
I quit. :)

I read your post TWICE to see if you mentioned the "Extreme" and totally missed it in the title.

Ugg. That's like, four in a row.

PIZAZZ
02-22-2012, 01:16 PM
I quit. :)

I read your post TWICE to see if you mentioned the "Extreme" and totally missed it in the title.

Ugg. That's like, four in a row.

I agree Lee. It would be MORE THAN AWESOME if this forum had the user's TriCaster type listed under their username.

I have seen other forums with that and it always make it so much easier to know what the heck someone is talking about.

Tim H.
02-23-2012, 01:03 PM
I agree with Jef.

The most helpful would be a simple dialog box (with a check box next to each option) that would not allow the New Thread to "post" without checking the appropriate box or boxes.

3Play
3Play 330
3Play 425
3Play 820
3Play (any version)

TriCaster
TriCaster 850 EXTREME
TriCaster 850
TriCaster 450 EXTREME
TriCaster 450
TriCaster 300
TriCaster BROADCAST
TriCaster STUDIO
TriCaster PRO
TriCaster DUO
TriCaster (any HD)
TriCaster (any SD)

Accessories
TriCaster 850 CS
TriCaster 450 CS
TriCaster LC-11
TriCaster 850 TW
TriCaster TimeWarp (the old one)

This would help minimize confusion in responses (or simple responses asking "which TriCaster are you using?" It would also help someone search for a problem specific to a TriCaster 450.

Sincerely,

Tim Hedegaard
Virtualsets.com, Inc.
NewTek Authorized Reseller
Customized LiveSets for HD-series TriCasters

www.virtualsets.com
[email protected]

(323) 512-1542 voice