PDA

View Full Version : Content files need documentation

mikeling
02-22-2012, 04:30 AM
Sorry if I am wrong about this, but I think the sample scenes and other content need to documented. I go to sample content directory every new version and I am usually lost very quickly. It would be great if there was a central document, or individual document that say what the files are.

What does the sample scene show?
What is the purpose of the sample scene?
What version of Lightwave was the sample made for?
How do you use the sample content?
Like it would be great to have some explanation of what is what on the character rigging example.

It would be nice to have the sample scenes include pre-rendered images and/or animations along with an explanation of what it is.

Matt
02-22-2012, 09:50 AM
Sorry if I am wrong about this, but I think the sample scenes and other content need to documented. I go to sample content directory every new version and I am usually lost very quickly. It would be great if there was a central document, or individual document that say what the files are.

What does the sample scene show?
What is the purpose of the sample scene?
What version of Lightwave was the sample made for?
How do you use the sample content?
Like it would be great to have some explanation of what is what on the character rigging example.

It would be nice to have the sample scenes include pre-rendered images and/or animations along with an explanation of what it is.

Yes this is a good idea, especially for new users.

cagey5
02-22-2012, 11:22 AM
+1.

I nearly always click through opening new content scenes have a quick look and move on without really exploring.

My loss, but half the time I really don't know what the scene is demonstrating or has to offer.