PDA

View Full Version : 3DS max Geo cache or cloth cacheand LW 11

Eugeny
02-22-2012, 12:29 AM
Hi folks, I'm playing with LW11 demo and since i didn't find any cloth simulation (the existing one is the same garbage that we had on previous versions) i pointed to the 3ds Max cloth modifier. The problem is that Max 2012 export cloth data in *.ccf format which is obviously can't be loaded into MDD reader, but max can export *.pc2 format which i understand is an old Max geocache format. But, MDD is looking for the *.xml file and if i feed to it *.pc2 - nothing happening.
I'm tried PC2_Pointer from Denis DP_Kit - but I'm getting "Bad header in PC2 file" error or just a garbage of moving polygons - obviously point order is different in LW and Max, i tried both OBJ and FBX import/export different combinations - no luck ...
So the question is: does anyone have good solution of moving cache data from Max to LW (including previous versions of LW and Max), and what is the correct workflow of getting objects back to LW with point order compatible to Max ?

Surrealist.
02-22-2012, 12:41 AM
I don't have any experience with Max but Point Oven is included in SI and it works a charm. You can buy it for Max. mdd is the best way to go all around I think. This may well save all the other headaches.

http://www.ef9.com/ef9/PO.htm

Eugeny
02-22-2012, 12:52 AM
Ok, i found the solution ...
I was relaying on point cache data saved by cloth modifier. Instead of using cache from cloth needed to record point cache data from point cache modifier added above the cloth, this one export *.xml file ...
So the work flow is:

Setup the scene in LW
Export as FBX to max using scale of 1
Import in max
Make cloth with cloth modifier
Add Point cache modifier above and record the cache
Go back to LW and load *.xml via the MDD reader
For the nodal reader use 0.01 scale, for the MDD_Reader form the add displacement use centimeters as the units (of cause centimeters should be used as the units in Max)

Great cloth plugin for LW for only 3495$ :D Luckly they have 30days demo ...

Surrealist.
02-22-2012, 03:52 AM
lol the Blender Cloth plugin is free. But glad you got it figured out.

Eugeny
02-22-2012, 04:49 AM
Yea but i don't know how to in blender ... With Max i am in home, like in LW and we have here few sits so why not ? :thumbsup:

tcoursey
02-22-2012, 02:55 PM
lol the Blender Cloth plugin is free. But glad you got it figured out.
Do you have a workflow for Blender? I've played a bit with the fluid stuff in there, but always seems very hard to work around in their. Just unfamiliar I guess.