PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Stormtrooper

pixeltek
10-20-2003, 12:42 PM
For those who enjoy Star Wars, I added a Stormtrooper model to my previously modeled R2D2 to be downloaded. Just click on the trooper thumbnail for added info and then follow the link to the downloads page.

http://www.cosmic-pearl.com/

[email protected]

pixeltek
10-20-2003, 01:04 PM
I'm not sure if the rest of you are having the same problems, but since I am not at my own computer, rather a Mac at school, I seem to not be able to see the downloads page in its entirety. For some reason, the stormtrooper lwo zip file does not show. I will investigate further when I get home. Last I looked from my own computer, that download was the first on the page.

My apologies for any difficulties (if they are indeed not unique to this particular computer or location).

DaveW
10-20-2003, 01:31 PM
I dont' know what it is about the code on the main page, but it locks up my system for about 2-3 minutes during loading. I'm using Mozilla Firebird .7.

pixeltek
10-20-2003, 01:49 PM
Dave, that's something I have never heard from anyone, nor experienced myself. From what I can tell, the main (index) page opens just fine and pretty quick, considering there is a java applet and a couple of small animated gifs on there. Your browser may not be java enabled?

The page is built with Macromedia's Dreamweaver MX and Fireworks MX and replenished usually with Symantec's Visual Page. Nothing uncommon here.

The only problem I am experiencing here from this particular computer is that is does not want to show me the trooper.zip download, i.e. the top row of my table on the downloads page. Even though I had that file on there for two days now. However, this is a school system and goes through all kinds of filters, firewalls, and a school net. All kinds of things can be excluded here.

pixeltek
10-20-2003, 09:48 PM
My apologies people. It was late and instead of adding the blaster gun object file, I had added a blaster scene file. This has been corrected. The trooper.zip now contains:

1. the trooper (metaformed)
2. the original helmet, pre-sub-d
3. the updated blaster gun object file.

:D

adrian
10-21-2003, 11:32 AM
Very well modelled Stormtrooper & R2 I have to say.

BTW all pages loaded fine for me.

Adrian.

DaveW
10-21-2003, 04:42 PM
Whatever was causing the slowdown, it's not happening any more. Nice looking storm trooper.

pixeltek
10-21-2003, 06:20 PM
Thanks guys. Glad you like it. I sweated over that one for some time.

I did one more final update this morning, and decided to add the armor with the decorative arm pieces.
:p