PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave and LuxRender 0.9

ben martin
02-21-2012, 10:43 AM
Lux render is growing strong.

The actual Luxrender 0.9 represents a huge leap in GPU render.
http://www.luxrender.net/en_GB/index

There are already several plug-in supporting major 3D applications like:
3D MAX, XSI, C4D and also BLENDER, POSER, DAZ STUDIO and SketchUp.

It would be great if a LW plug-in could join this club.
Is there any "script genius" able or planning to do it? :hey:

renderwerx
02-21-2012, 12:43 PM
I think that question exists as long as luxrender appeared

I WISH
YES

please someone write a plugin for luxrender
also that it will support LightWave 7.5c

Thanks

Amurrell
02-21-2012, 06:34 PM
We've asked for that from the Lux guys as well, and I don't think that they will do it unless there is a demand for it. I have noticed that the LightWave community is the loudest in these forums, but outside, it's pretty quiet. It's not NewTek's fault, but our own for not being as out spoken in a positive way outside the forums really. But that's my opinion, built on the fact that I can search for topics for any other app and find a buch more stuff comparatively to LW stuff, and that's simply because those users are more outspoken about their app and what it does and just puts work out there for all to see, while LW sits quietly by waiting for its users to pimp it out like others do for their app. Just sayin'.

So until more people voice a desire for Lux to work with LightWave, they won't spend the time on it.

Matt
02-22-2012, 04:15 AM
I wish I was capable of writing these things myself, I would love nothing more than to give it a go, I really envy programmers.

pauland
02-22-2012, 04:23 AM
I really envy programmers.

LOL, I wouldn't!

ben martin
02-22-2012, 07:23 AM
Hum.... maybe if we could organize something around this issue here in NT forum (somehow) we can gather a good bunch of supportive users and send our group request to Luxrender team?

Makes any sense? :question:

The Dommo
02-22-2012, 10:20 AM
Hmmm, I have a plan...

Pavlov
02-22-2012, 10:23 AM
one guy which seems good and wishfully about these kind of things, is Juanjgon. I'll tell him.

Paolo

renderwerx
02-23-2012, 12:53 AM
OK

let's do that
I'm on it

:agree:

where do we start
I heard someone has a plan

may we hear your plan?

Luxrender for LightWave
all versions supported from at least 7.5c :)

ben martin
02-23-2012, 03:07 AM
OK

let's do that
I'm on it

:agree:

where do we start
I heard someone has a plan

may we hear your plan?

Luxrender for LightWave
all versions supported from at least 7.5c :)

+1
What plan?
Do we have to kill someone in the process? :D

colkai
02-23-2012, 03:11 AM
I wish I was capable of writing these things myself, I would love nothing more than to give it a go, I really envy programmers.

I really envy programmers.

LOL, I wouldn't!

Hehe, you got that right, grey by 30, what can I say? :p

Matt
02-23-2012, 06:52 PM
Hehe, you got that right, grey by 30, what can I say? :p

Well I do code, just not to the level I wish I could. 37 and no grey (yet)!

Amurrell
02-23-2012, 07:50 PM
Well I do code, just not to the level I wish I could. 37 and no grey (yet)!

Hell, I'm 38 and becoming mostly grey, but then again I started around 19. Stupid genetics.

renderwerx
02-24-2012, 12:15 AM
hell Amurrell, genetics is like coding on steroids
YOU ARE THE MAN for this project
you have my emotional support

:)

ben martin
02-24-2012, 03:17 AM
Humm, I tried coding when I was 17, stopped at 20… I am only a little gray at 45… guess I made the right decision! :D

renderwerx
02-24-2012, 05:49 AM
Humm, I tried coding when I was 17, stopped at 20… I am only a little gray at 45… guess I made the right decision! :D

I even didn't touch it at all
with 40 just a little gray

but hey, slap some sasquatch on it
and nobody will notice :D

Gungho3D
08-04-2012, 06:28 AM
I did get a heap of coding done some years ago, all in LScript. Basically covered geometry export, UV & planar mapping, lights and camera - all for frame 0.

Turns out LScript is painfully slow for geometry export, but good for all the rest. I've been wanting to get all the coding across to C/C++, it's just life and priorities keep intruding. I keep reading about people wishing for a LW2Lux solution, and each time I think yeah I need to get back to that ...

... in the meantime it's like the other guy(s) said: I just keep getting grayer :-)

Gung

prometheus
08-04-2012, 07:14 AM
Uhhmm..youre talking gray here, sigh..I wish I were there, I seem to have skipped that, hardly gray at all at almost 47 in october, but I have a nice landing platform for mosquitos almost, got some more hair on the sides and back thou, might even work for pigtails.:D

Sorry for off topics, couldn´t resist.

Gungho3D
08-05-2012, 03:42 AM
Haha that's entertaining :-) I've been lurking in the shadows for some years, and on my first post it's about gray hair ...

... which means I'll need to make up for that by posting something useful real soon, about time actually.