PDA

View Full Version : Export in .obj

scratch33
02-21-2012, 07:51 AM
Hi, is there a way to export all the scene in .obj format in Layout?

Lw11

Thank you

50one
02-21-2012, 07:55 AM
Nope, you can only export objects in the .obj format unfortunately.

Anyway, tried to import over 1.5m faces .obj file into LW, worked like a champ, max 2012 and modo stopped in the middle:)

Shame I'm still waiting for any help from Customer services regarding trial keys...cough cough

scratch33
02-21-2012, 09:22 AM
Ok, thank you.

I don't understand why we can't export from layout... But if it's not possible...:bangwall:

And Is it possible to export scene in modeler(with all objects in place), then export from modeleur in .obj ?

Andy Meyer
02-21-2012, 10:09 AM
...Shame I'm still waiting for any help from Customer services regarding trial keys...cough cough

me too, waiting since friday.

wrench
02-21-2012, 11:06 AM
@Andy Meyer and 50one - is the LightWave 11 Trial license.key not on your My Products page?

B

Cryonic
02-21-2012, 02:44 PM
Ok, thank you.

I don't understand why we can't export from layout... But if it's not possible...:bangwall:

And Is it possible to export scene in modeler(with all objects in place), then export from modeleur in .obj ?

I think you're trying to use the wrong format. OBJ isn't for scenes and animation, but just for objects.

If you really are intent on putting out a "scene" as OBJ, then put all your models in a single modeller object (even if on separate layers) in the position you want and then export that "single" object as an OBJ.

scratch33
02-21-2012, 04:40 PM
I think you're trying to use the wrong format. OBJ isn't for scenes and animation, but just for objects.

If you really are intent on putting out a "scene" as OBJ, then put all your models in a single modeller object (even if on separate layers) in the position you want and then export that "single" object as an OBJ.

Hi,

What I want to do is to setup an animation in layout. I must place all the objects then animate the camera. I have a lot of different objects and this is a really pain to create the scene in Modeler.

The problem is that I want to export my scene(only the objects) to do the rendering in octane...and octane support only .obj... then import the camera movement separately.
This is why I must use .obj.

The only solution I see is to have a plugin that export the objects with position scale and rotation from layout to Modeler.
If someone know this kind of plugin... please...:help:

Cryonic
02-22-2012, 12:24 AM
Hi,

What I want to do is to setup an animation in layout. I must place all the objects then animate the camera. I have a lot of different objects and this is a really pain to create the scene in Modeler.

The problem is that I want to export my scene(only the objects) to do the rendering in octane...and octane support only .obj... then import the camera movement separately.
This is why I must use .obj.

The only solution I see is to have a plugin that export the objects with position scale and rotation from layout to Modeler.
If someone know this kind of plugin... please...:help:

Ahh, ok. Then the problem is that you need to find an updated version of http://deathfall.com/forums/content.php?3866-Light-R-0.2 to export the Lightwave Scene file to RIB format.

scratch33
02-22-2012, 02:17 PM
Ahh, ok. Then the problem is that you need to find an updated version of http://deathfall.com/forums/content.php?3866-Light-R-0.2 to export the Lightwave Scene file to RIB format.

Thank you,

But the problem is not to export camera, but mesh in. Obj

inakito
02-22-2012, 03:41 PM
did u think about using FBX at all?

stabbington
02-22-2012, 04:15 PM
You should be able to export out as a collada file (.dae) into octane - this will carry over your scene as best as it can.

scratch33
02-22-2012, 04:39 PM
octane import only obj format.

And this is a big issue in this case...

Andy Meyer
02-22-2012, 05:46 PM
@Andy Meyer and 50one - is the LightWave 11 Trial license.key not on your My Products page?

hi wrench
CS removed my first lw11 trial registration that was listed as lw9.
i registered lw11 trial again and now it is listed as lw11 with new keys.

BUT, layout and modeler starts in discovery mode with the following message: "your license key file was not found."

realgray
02-22-2012, 05:53 PM
hi wrench
CS removed my first lw11 trial registration that was listed as lw9.
i registered lw11 trial again and now it is listed as lw11 with new keys.

BUT, layout and modeler starts in discovery mode with the following message: "your license key file was not found."

Go to help, click on enter license and paste your new keys.

wrench
02-22-2012, 05:55 PM
Hmm, check your hard drive for existing license.keys. If you have other versions of LightWave on your machine make sure you only delete the ones that are obviously to do with 11 (in the ~\.newtek\11.0 folder for instance or the LightWave 11\support\configs) then try loading Layout again (without your dongle plugged in) and entering the trial license.key.

B