PDA

View Full Version : Simple Character

digitalimagery
02-20-2012, 04:17 PM
I've never made a character model but am now in a position where I need a real simple one complete with rigging. I found exactly what I'm looking for on Turbo Squid but unfortunately it's only available as a 3DSMax file.

Does anyone know of a video tutorial for modeling a simple model such as this (attached) including the rigging?

Any help would be appreciated.
DI

SonicMotion
02-20-2012, 04:37 PM
I've made a similar character, modeled in lightwave but rigged and animated in max: https://vimeo.com/18941893 - I'm debating on putting it up on turbosquid, PM me and we'll chat about it.

tcoursey
02-20-2012, 09:00 PM
modeling should be pretty straight forward. I would start with sub-d box and then "extend" a bunch, legs arms head.

Then take that into Jimmy Rig (model it in t-pose) and then export back into Lightwave with full rig.

tcoursey
02-20-2012, 09:29 PM
this is a very "weak" effort, but you got me thinking. I gave it just a quick minute to play around and this is what I came up with. The model is not very good but you can see how with a sub-d model pulled into JimmyRig and then exported out back to LW you can get a decent result. A little care could give you much better results.

Maybe this can help guide you, or use it if you want. Good luck.

digitalimagery
02-21-2012, 09:43 AM
Thanks everyone. I'm redesigning to not include a character model. This isn't the time to learn character animation. I have a whole new respect for the character end of 3D.

Appreciate all the great suggestions and efforts to help.
DigitalImagery