PDA

View Full Version : Newtek Europe

bobakabob
02-20-2012, 04:12 PM
Is Newtek Europe still operational? I was hoping to buy LW 11 charter member upgrade on the Newtek Europe online store but there are no links off the home page. It used to be a good site full of information. Guess a phone call should do it but it's a bit disconcerting that sales doesn't seem updated at the time of a major release. Any advice on the best way to buy to claim the discount within 60 day window?

Lazybyte
02-21-2012, 01:39 AM
Give the sales team in the UK a call, they're very helpful. I'm sure they'll be able to help you out. They've got an office in Windsor now, number is:
+44 (0) 1753 27 2175

Here's the link:
http://newtek.com/contact-us.html

colkai
02-21-2012, 02:18 AM
Can you not get it via One Video? Or do you have to go through Newtek for it?

biliousfrog
02-21-2012, 02:54 AM
I don't think that NT Europe are selling LW11, go straight to NewTek.

littlewaves
02-21-2012, 03:22 AM
it always takes them a while to update their site with new stuff. NT Europe is really just a reseller as far as I know and no more connected to actual Newtek than onevideo etc.

Correct me if I'm wrong NT?

biliousfrog
02-21-2012, 03:30 AM
it always takes them a while to update their site with new stuff. NT Europe is really just a reseller as far as I know and no more connected to actual Newtek than onevideo etc.

Correct me if I'm wrong NT?

That is correct, they have no connection aside from the name

littlewaves
02-21-2012, 03:45 AM
then again onevideo.co.uk are still offering these with LW10 which sounds a bit out of date to me.

Guaranteed no price increase for the next five LightWave upgrades
Download of LightWave CORE preview builds
Shipping version of LightWave 10 with CORE
Get all LightWave information first, with access to an elite community (HardCORE), which includes interaction with LightWave development management and two to three exclusive software builds per year
VIP invitations to special events

they keep using this odd word "CORE" which I'm sure we're all agreed now was only a dream since Bobby stepped out of the shower. (a pop culture reference for our older viewers there)

renderwerx
02-21-2012, 04:18 AM
ouch.... that sounds really bad....
seems like general lack of interest

that's not good

littlewaves
02-21-2012, 04:46 AM
Just got this from NT in reply to my email

LW 11 upgrades should be available thru resellers by the end of the month.

bobakabob
02-21-2012, 07:03 AM
Thanks for the replies guys, I'd not seen the UK telephone no. Colkai I used to find One Video really helpful, though not sure how "Core Charter Member" would play out as my other half will only allow me the upgrade at a discount :)