PDA

View Full Version : LW 11 Bug Report !!

Samus
02-18-2012, 08:50 AM
OK! so i imported a rig setup from lw 9.6.1 and tested in in LW 11,
It seems that KEEP GOAL Within Reach does not work properly ...

In my case i moved my characters Hips and the arm( Ik'ed) stayed back locked
until the arm pulls the whole thing...however the Ik null stay locked in place not
staying in reach, drawing a hached line to where it's supposed to be (In reach).
And only whent you clic on the IK null that LW 11 remembers that it should have stayed in reach.

Has LW lost some realtime features?? this bug did not happen in previous lW
Releases!

Same case with Vehicle rigger that used realtime functions now seems to react
in lag.

Has anyone noticed this drawback???

OnlineRender
02-18-2012, 09:10 AM
I have a few like adding geometry then cancelling it leaves the place holder ,maybe that is meant ? Instances moves the position away from the original item ,maybe that's meant ? I'm not sure because I was not in beta , dyn act funny like for example same object fractured will not simulate the same as the previous objet.

RebelHill
02-18-2012, 09:22 AM
It sort of half works but not completely. It stops u dragging the goal at full extension. If you tug away the chains parent, the goal doesnt seem to stick, but if u push back towards it again, the chain reacts as if the goal had come along, but just not the screen drawing updated. However, as soon as you scrub frame/update motion, the goal doesnt jump to where it "seemed" to be, but rather to the nearest full extension point for the chain.

Fog it!

Samus
02-18-2012, 09:32 AM
Fogging ?? would you have the link??

BTW great tutorial RebelHill on Sampling!!

RebelHill
02-18-2012, 09:34 AM
[email protected]

make sure to send example content... the simpler the better.

Samus
02-18-2012, 09:49 AM
Thanks! hope they react!

wrench
02-19-2012, 06:35 PM
I have a few like adding geometry then cancelling it leaves the place holder ,maybe that is meant ? Instances moves the position away from the original item ,maybe that's meant ? I'm not sure because I was not in beta , dyn act funny like for example same object fractured will not simulate the same as the previous objet.

The Layout Geometry is a script that adds a null, then adds geometry to it, automating the step that needed to be done before, so hitting cancel just cancels the geometry creation step, the null has already been made.

For your instancing issue, you need to change the coordinate mode from World to Local.

B

tcoursey
02-23-2012, 02:30 PM
***EDIT***
I was able to reproduce with my car geometry, but when I made a simple scene for NewTek to review I could not get the same problem to come up. It may be something else with my geometry, setup etc. Could be an issue but probably not.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Had my first crash today! bummer. I can repeat it though, so it should be easy to fix.

I'll be posting to [email protected] too, but thought I'd mention here too for anyone else to confirm, or at least know about.

1. add instance to an object
2. open instance up and add object's, tested with more then one.
3. setup instance to show up (how ever you want)
4. turn on VPR
5. turn off checkbox on instance's one by one. VPR updates.
6. when last one is turned off, you may get crash.
7. If no crash above you will get one when you turn at least one instance back on.

speismonqui
02-24-2012, 06:23 PM
anyone having trouble with DP Lights and LW11?
not only they crashed Layout but my hole PC, my TV, cel phone, refrigerator, microwave, Ctrl+Alt+Del is not an option as my keyboard has crashed also, my car doesn't start and I can't even turn off my bathroom light. It freezes EVERYTHING!

Anyone?

RudySchneider
02-24-2012, 08:27 PM
Denis has LW11-specific updates for DP Lights, DP Kit, DP Filter, and something he calls DP Instancer, which works with LW11's Instances.

speismonqui
02-24-2012, 09:32 PM
thanks a lot Rudy, updating now. the instancer sounds good :thumbsup:

Samus
02-29-2012, 01:03 AM
Hello EveryOne!!

Just got news from Newtek that the BUG i mentionned was fixed!
This is what they replied from Fogging it!!

"This bug has been fixed by the developer. You should not see this issue in the next available build."

Seems like a Better LW on it's way :p