PDA

View Full Version : iPad multi touch controller for PC 3d apps

Danner
02-15-2012, 09:01 AM
http://obamapacman.com/2011/12/iphone-ipad-multi-touch-cad-controller/

I get a feeling the furture of working with 3d will be something like this.

skype6
02-15-2012, 09:16 AM
Cool!!!

gerry_g
02-15-2012, 12:00 PM
isn't that a paradox –using a mouse keyboard iPad combo- I mean he's using the one device from that should be dead by now 'the mouse' and augmenting it with the supposed device of the future 'the iPad', my graphic tablet keyboard combo offers me all that already, the guy at Google who infamously cut his birthday cake with a MacBook Air made a better argument for the repurposing of modern gadgets than this.

Danner
02-15-2012, 01:33 PM
I also use a pent tablet instead of a mouse, but after watching a friend work using the space navigator so fluently I'm intrigued by the possibilities of things like that.

I can work using a mouse only if it has acceleration turned off. It's on by default and I can't stand it. I had to work on a mac and you can't turn it off (snow leopard) so I had to go and get my tablet...

shadowshifter
02-15-2012, 09:56 PM
Wow, that's pretty neat (and probably the only reason I would ever consider getting an iPad :P).

I actually love the momentum thing on the mac, but I also have and love those magic trackpad things :P I can't 3d with a mouse. I currently have enough trouble when I'm switching Lightwave between my big screen and my Cintiq :)