PDA

View Full Version : Replay dve

brownm
02-13-2012, 11:00 PM
I do video/replays for a charity rodeo event in Burlington, IA, and am wondering if anyone has DVE that flashes "REPLAY"?

We have literally $0 for a budget, but any help would be appreciated

Tricaster STUDIO, btw.

Thanks in advance!

PIZAZZ
02-14-2012, 09:01 AM
You could do a DVE that says replay in it but it couldn't flash. Contact billmi, jose burgos, or eric pratt here on the forums and they should be able to fix you up with a standard DVE.

If you have to have the flashing replay...
The best way to do that in a Studio would be to use the 2nd DDR and put it in the overlay (DSK) layer. Create a video file WITH ALPHA that does the transition in and then has Replay flashing if you want it to. The key is at the beginning of the replay branded video file, make the animation go full screen for 5-15 frames so you have time to cut the camera to the replay input or replay ddr if using timewarp. I would make this file 2 minutes long to make sure to cover a long replay. Use just that clip in DDR2 and put it on single play, cue on so it always resets and starts at the beginning. I would just use a standard transition like the white flash or similar to transition out of the replay overlay back to normal video.

Instead of something flashing,Personally I would just put Replay in the corner, or better yet, sell the Replay to an adverstiser. Brand it as "insert company name here" Replay.

brownm
02-14-2012, 08:54 PM
To clarify, REPLAY would fill the screen and go away, not necessarily "flash."

Thanks for the help! I'll get in touch with one of them!