PDA

View Full Version : Le Grass, she is greener: 'Poser', or 'NewTek, I could kiss you'

jeric_synergy
02-11-2012, 06:01 PM
(putting this here for lack of an "other 3d software" category)

MAN, we may btch about LW, but the second you use another piece of software you remember that bad UI decisions are everywhere. Right now I'm flailing at Poser 7 and the Library in that thing is a damn nightmare. (Apparently-- maybe I just haven't found the thing that makes it easy to use.)(And that's a UI problem right there.)

It is lousy with what I term "Mac-itis", in that it epitomizes the worst aspects of typical Mac app design. (Whether something is a port or not is immaterial.) Lack of options, oversize icons that are just in the way, a mis-trust of TEXT, showing the user only a tiny bit of information at at time: all these are mistakes I associate with the typical Mac UI design. Oh, there's also a whiff of the stupidity of Kai's Power Tools in there. :twak:

That I just dl'd the free Daz Studio and it's exhibiting some of the same symptoms is aggravating.

So, a question: anybody know if there is a browser for Poser that allows you to see assets more than like 4 at a time?

And LightWave: I appreciate you all the more. xo

Bill Carey
02-11-2012, 11:54 PM
There is, unfortunately for you it's in poser 8 and up. They switched to a adobe air based library window which has it's own quirks, but it's better than that one. If you're dead set on p7, free on the disk?, there are a couple 3rd party libraries on daz3d but they aren't free.

jeric_synergy
02-12-2012, 11:07 PM
Thanks for the info. I just noticed that I had Poser 7 sitting around, brand new, decided to install it.