PDA

View Full Version : How to Loop an Object Sequence

Chad_Shadow
02-11-2012, 02:53 AM
Hi guys :help: :help:,

I have to animate a running skeleton for 20 seconds (500 frames - PAL).
I have 30 Skeleton Objects (sequence) that repeat beautifly in preview of 30 frames with Object Replacement using Object Sequencer.

How to loop these 30 models to have a camera rotating the moving skeleton ?

PS. I tried Obj List as per Ref Guide and after creating 500 pairs of lines, the First loaded model was there ... Standing .... staring at me :stumped: !!! For some reason, Obj List is not working !!!

nickdigital
02-11-2012, 09:14 AM
Do your skeleton objects have the same vertex count? You could do a morph sequence and then set that to repeat in the graph editor.

Chad_Shadow
02-13-2012, 01:06 AM
Hi Nickdigital,
Thanks for you prompt reply.

The skeleton objects are 30 different Lw objects with same vertex count (prepared by a friend through his Poser Pro and Exported as OBJ for my work). I named the models as Skel_Run_00.lwo to Skel_Run_29.lwo.

Object Sequencer for loaded object Skel_Run_00 works perfectly for 30 frames (lovely repeated run). However, i need at least 500 frames ==> Need repeat this 30-frames-loop with a camera movement around the sequence.

I am not familiar with Morph sequence, are we talking about Displacement variable in Deform Tab ?

PS. I tried meanwhile a small test on Obj List. It works for Low Poly objects as square/ball/triangle etc ... But once i put the Skeleton model (67669 polygons). It doesn't work at all !!

nickdigital
02-13-2012, 10:27 AM
Load up your first pose in one layer and the second pose in a second layer in Modeler. Set your second pose to be a background layer in Modeler. You can then use the BG to Morph tool in Modeler to make pose 2 a morph target for pose 1. Repeat the process for all your poses. You can then morph between the poses in Layout via the Morph Mixer. The Morph Mixer is accessible in the Object>Deform>Add Displacement pulldown. You can then set your animation curves in the Graph Editor to loop.

jeric_synergy
02-13-2012, 10:41 AM
Just throwing out another idea: you could FADE from object to object also. This would, however, eliminate any morphing motion blur, but since you have one object per frame that's probably pretty minimal.