PDA

View Full Version : 3Play 820 Sometimes Sluggish

jmslynchjr
02-09-2012, 09:10 AM
I've noticed on the last few basketball webcasts i've done that the 820 can become quite sluggish. For an example, the last production I was on the 3Play 820 performed great for the first half of the game. The project had 8 cameras at 720p. I imported a few edited video clips which played fine during the webcast. It seems after a couple hours of recording and at least 100 clips created during the production the interface would freeze up for a few seconds when I create a new clip and then hit the Clip List button to run the replay. The 3Play is running on Rev. 2 but I have experienced this problem before on previous versions.
In basketball I usually set the One Button Mark at 5 seconds, so each clip was 5 seconds long. I hit "Mark Out" in Live mode and then hit the "Clip List" button. Normally when I hit Clip List it takes me right to the last clip I created but when the 820 gets sluggish the channel I am on shows me the start of the previous clip I created instead of the new one I creatd just a few seconds earlier even though the new correct clip is highlighted in the Clip List. It usually takes several seconds for the interface to catch up to what I want it to do. Sometimes it seems to help when I use the 820's CS and bounce up and down between the previous clip and the new one I had just created.
I had noticed this before but I always thought it was user error on my part but a member of the crew I was on told me that the same situation had happened to him before and his solution to the problem was to stop the record, exit the session, and go back in. Exiting the session did help for a short time but it is not something that I should be doing in the middle of a live webcast (especially since it was for a high profile client).
Though the 820 performed well for the first two hours of the webcast, the last hour was a real struggle because of this sluggishness. I am not sure what the solution may be for this problem but hopefully it can be accounted for and resolved.

PIZAZZ
02-10-2012, 03:24 PM
We have found this week that the 820 we are using is getting sluggish also around the 5-6 hour mark. We are only using 4 cameras in so load is a little lighter. We are broadcasting Tennis and the days have been 12-14 hours of live broadcasting. We started doing a full reboot if we can at the 4 hour mark. Running Ver2 of the software I believe.

SBowie
02-10-2012, 03:29 PM
I'm working from home today, but please submit a case, Jef. I'll make sure QA sees this.

vanderwielen
03-01-2012, 08:15 PM
Thought this was an 820 issue. Nope, on the 425 too. I'll trade having to reboot during a game if I can get the stuttering effect fixed when using 1080i...on the 425 too. Oh, I'd switch to 720p, but it takes a completely different 'hit' on replays if you don't reboot often.