PDA

View Full Version : saving scene-losing envelope information

mattyb
10-19-2003, 09:20 PM
I just spent some time setting up an animation whihc has a variety of envelope adjusting surface attributes...specifically, luminosity and glow.

I save the scene, reopen it and find that all the envelopes are gone. I did a test with another object and the envelopes adjusting surface attributes only seem to be saved if I save the object from the lightwave scene.

Am I forgetting something obvious? I don't need these settings every time I use the object in a scene, they are specific to the animation. Am I stuck saving another version of the modified objects every time I want to animate a surface??? that seems kind of silly.

Thanks for the help

Matt

Mylenium
10-19-2003, 11:24 PM
That's not kind of silly, that's just the way it is, always has been and quite likely will be for a while longer with LW. Surface attributes belong to objects and thus are saved with the object. Just don't make the mistake of opening such objects in Modeler and saving them again - you will loose your envelopes. Guess that's kind of an annoyance but should not be too difficult to get used to. BTW, if you are using 7.5 b or c the ShaderBlend shader might work for your needs as well.

Mylenium

toby
10-20-2003, 12:19 AM
If you alter the channels using Sliders it will save with the scene. Thank Splinegod for that one -