PDA

View Full Version : Scoreboard Template

Amking4
02-08-2012, 08:31 AM
We use LT Scoreboards by Kris Gurrad which I have to say in itself is awesome! I was looking for some different scoreboard templates and graphics to use with LTS and was able to find any and wasn't really happy with Sports Graphics package from Newtek, they are ok but not what I was looking for. Anyway I decided to just make some and here is what I came up with, just wanted to see what everyone thought. These are the Scoreboard and Scorebug, but I am currently working on the rest of the package for stats, starters, lower thirds, etc. We do basketball games for Comcast Cable so that is why the Xfinity logo is on them.

Anyway I wanted to see what everyone thought of them and if anyone was interested I could work and adapting these to some different sports.

Lee-AVP
02-10-2012, 10:07 AM
I think those look very professional. Nice work!

kltv
02-10-2012, 11:45 AM
Looks good to me!

Kris

joseburgos
02-11-2012, 07:11 AM
I agree!

Amking4
02-11-2012, 05:52 PM
thanks guys! I am working on the rest of the package right now, then I may build a couple of different templates depending how long this one takes me.

bigdaymedia
02-18-2012, 12:21 PM
I would be very interested in seeing these in their finished state... I am blown away with Kris' product. We just used it at my work last week for a basketball tournament and as always it work flawlessly!!

I am not a graphic designer, so anyone that can help in that regard is my new best friend!!!

Ken Plaetinck

Amking4
02-28-2012, 01:03 PM
Ken,

Thanks. I am actually at an event right now doing MS State Basketball, but I am going to be finishing the package this weekend. I will post it soon, should be around 8-10 different pages.

Mark

bigdaymedia
08-13-2012, 11:30 PM
Did you ever finish those graphics, love to see them.

Amking4
10-28-2012, 06:20 PM
Finally finished these graphics, actually now have two different packages one for MMA or fights and another one for basketball. With Kris's help on some of the coding of the graphics. :)

kltv
10-28-2012, 07:27 PM
Looks very nice!

Kris

Kiowa County MC
11-13-2012, 09:47 AM
I'm looking into a scoreboard/scorebug option for our sports productions and of course I came across Kris's LT Scoreboards. What I'm wanting to do and after reading this thread it seems possible but wanting to clarify is make my own graphics in Photoshop and then use Kris's software to just input the information for the score and clock and anything else it offers. How easily is this done? I'm working with all volunteers that have no background in broadcasting so the operator will need it very simple. Maybe someone could explain that process briefly? Any advise or information on this would be very helpful. Thanks.

kltv
11-13-2012, 11:34 AM
It's pretty easy to do. Basically, take your photoshop file and separate out each element, crop it and save it as a .PNG file. You'd want separate layers for the background and any of the "flag" images you'd want to use, like replay or time out, etc. It is important to crop those elements tightly to make LiveText perform as fast as possible. Once you have those .PNG files, bring them over to your LiveText computer and bring each layer into your LiveText project. For images that are flags, you just need to go to the Layers tab and label them properly so that the plugin can control visibility of them. Similarly, if you are making new text layers, they just need to be named properly in the Layers tab to allow them to be populated with data.

Kris

Amking4
12-09-2012, 07:11 AM
As Kris said, it's really easy to do. In Photoshop itself you basically just creating the background layers for your scoreboards. If you have Kris LT Scoreboards, there is a help .pdf file in there that really makes it super simple as far what the layers need to be named in order for everything to work correctly. It's very user friendly.