PDA

View Full Version : SRU-77 Jump Jet

ShadowMystic
02-06-2012, 09:43 PM
Please take 6 seconds to view and a few more to comment or critique.

Designed and Modeled by me:
http://youtu.be/Wz1hMPUte7M

biliousfrog
02-07-2012, 02:07 AM
There is a WIP section for critique of work in progress.

3DGFXStudios
02-07-2012, 06:01 AM
Nothing really wrong with it, but it would be cool it you could add more detail. Maybe an interior too ;)

ShadowMystic
02-07-2012, 09:25 AM
There is a WIP section for critique of work in progress.

Thank you, I posted over there now.

Nothing really wrong with it, but it would be cool it you could add more detail. Maybe an interior too ;)

What other detail would you suggest? The interior will be coming along shortly. I begin my work week today, so 3D/animation project progress slows to a crawl.

Nangleator
02-09-2012, 07:45 AM
If those side pods are thrusters, then the beasty has the engine-to-payload ratio of a GeeBee. Not really useful, militarily.

Good modeling, though.

ShadowMystic
02-09-2012, 06:01 PM
If those side pods are thrusters, then the beasty has the engine-to-payload ratio of a GeeBee. Not really useful, militarily.

Good modeling, though.

Thank you, I hope to include it in my demo reel. Hopefully, I'll get an entry-level job with it.

The rear vent along the tail are auxiliary forward-thrusters. The side-mounted, box engines are the main lifters. They rotate to provide forward thrust and are not powered by an energy source of our world so who's to say how powerful they are. However, in my book from where this craft originates, they have enough thrust to perform a rolling maneuver capable of avoiding homing missiles. (Fiction is fun!)