PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave 11 And Free DazStudiopro4 Almost there, colormaps not assigned

prometheus
02-05-2012, 03:35 PM
Well..If you havenīt noticed, Daz studiopro4 is now available as a free download.

Upon testing with lightwave and the obj export, almost everything exports right, except for it only assigns the texture maps on the diffuse channel, and none in the color channel, donīt think thatīs how itīs suppose to be.

Anyone who knows if thereīs a fix for this?

otherwise I would urge Newtek to check in to this, for obj export to work instantly without any flaws, that needs a fix, and also a zero value on specularity perhaps, items with transparency such as hair and eye lashes looks weird unless setting that to zero.

Now the fbx export import I havenīt checked in to that much, mainly because size doesnīt seem to export out correctly as opposed to obj format, and fbx bones from daz...well I havenīt heard that it should work better than before..wich was very bad.

Come on newt..please check if you can improve on Daz import..now that studio pro4 is free, It would help enourmously for a lot of guys.

Michael

EmperorPete
02-05-2012, 09:48 PM
I've downloaded Daz (mostly out of curiosity, I will admit), but I haven't installed it yet. What are the advantages of using it with Lightwave?

prometheus
02-06-2012, 12:28 AM
I've downloaded Daz (mostly out of curiosity, I will admit), but I haven't installed it yet. What are the advantages of using it with Lightwave?

Advantages compared to what?

poser
quidam
make human

or create your own..those are some options.

The genesis figure is fun to play with, thick, or anorexic or bodybuilder on any figure..cool mix body styles.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTBBnc2SJ90

Michael

lwanmtr
02-06-2012, 12:50 AM
Daz Studio assigns a color texture map to the diffuse channel by default, this is normal for it...always has. As with any app, not everything transfers over...For instance, It never seems to even read an image on a reflection channel..even from poseer cr2's.

Only advantage for me is that I create and sell Daz/Poser content...lol

I havent really played much with export from DS, but might be worth it if the fbx actually exports rigging.

prometheus
02-06-2012, 12:53 AM
Daz Studio assigns a color texture map to the diffuse channel by default, this is normal for it...always has. As with any app, not everything transfers over...For instance, It never seems to even read an image on a reflection channel..even from poseer cr2's.

Only advantage for me is that I create and sell Daz/Poser content...lol

I havent really played much with export from DS, but might be worth it if the fbx actually exports rigging.

Okidoki..but as I recall in 9.6 or 10.0 ..the color maps where assigned correctly, the issue then was the multiloading dublets in the image editor.
Also..the luminosity channels always got a high value, these issues are now fixed except now the colormaps assignment are missing, always somethin..

Michael

lwanmtr
02-06-2012, 12:55 AM
Yeah...always something...lol.

I downloaded Daz pro, havent installed it yet...til now I just used the free basic one.

prometheus
02-06-2012, 01:01 AM
Yeah...always something...lol.

I downloaded Daz pro, havent installed it yet...til now I just used the free basic one.

They still need to work on the interface, as before can be difficult to find things in the content librarys.
was a bit confusing on wich layout to use..on interface didnīt have the export option under file, so I had to switch between them..weird.

some improvements in the posing with symmetry, certain parts have a slider to bend or bring arms forward at the same time, or use individual slider for each arm, that isnīt working on all rotation values thou, you have to copy pose and paste to the other side, here I would like to have a symmetry tool that changes equally when you move something on one side, think poser got that.

Otherwise I like the figures..and the deforms looks nice when you twist and turn the figure etc.

I just need more content now I guess, or create my own.

havenīt checked in to fbx yet that much.

Michael

lwanmtr
02-06-2012, 03:14 AM
Havent done anything character wise in poser or daz in a long time....mostly just vehicles.

Poser has good symmetry, even with the ik turned on.

fbx export out of maya works nice into lw, brings in the rigs also...Collada out of Poser-7 is not every useful, jut exports the geometry and cameras...no rigs or anything. Havent tried 2012, maybe they fixed that.

prometheus
02-06-2012, 03:56 AM
Havent done anything character wise in poser or daz in a long time....mostly just vehicles.

Poser has good symmetry, even with the ik turned on.

fbx export out of maya works nice into lw, brings in the rigs also...Collada out of Poser-7 is not every useful, jut exports the geometry and cameras...no rigs or anything. Havent tried 2012, maybe they fixed that.

well maya is out of the question moneywise for me personally, and we have no use of it at work..so all the fbx stuff rework to be working with lightwave seem more aimed towards studios.

The fbx with now Free stuff such as daz studio is something they should look more in to, would be awesome just to choose fbx ..export and voila, everthing in right place,bones and scales and with proper textures.

Newt should download a copy and start working on it:D

Michael

lwanmtr
02-06-2012, 04:27 AM
Good luck on a perfect transfer from one app to another.....everyone wants to do things their own way....even collada is written differently in lw, than max or maya. Poser still doesnt import fbx, or collada even (go figure).

prometheus
02-06-2012, 05:07 AM
Good luck on a perfect transfer from one app to another.....everyone wants to do things their own way....even collada is written differently in lw, than max or maya. Poser still doesnt import fbx, or collada even (go figure).

I think vue had a decent import of the collada format from daz to vue, right scale and all bones are there ready to pose in vue, might have been some shading issue only for all materials.

Michael

safetyman
02-06-2012, 02:36 PM
It seems like the .mtl file format is unrecognized with LW 10+. It used to be that you could open an OBJ file from DAZ/Poser (that had an .mtl associated with it) and all the textures would be there, with only some minor cleanup for the transparency stuff.