PDA

View Full Version : Rip off a skyscrape!

jaxtone
02-05-2012, 10:22 AM
Ok! I try this again!

Which method am I supposed to use if I wanīt to rip off square polygons from a scyscrape in Lightwave. The opposite way will do fine to, meaning that all square polygons come together until the building is finalized...

... guess there was a Lightwaver sharing a script or plugin a couple of years ago that he used in a sharp customer project that made this possible but dont remember if it was controlled by weightmaps or something else!

Anyone?

skywalker113
02-05-2012, 06:42 PM
Do you mean a construction proccess or something for a skyscraper? What about dynamics with rigid bodys and collisions tearing up the building. Then play the render in reverse.

jaxtone
02-05-2012, 07:53 PM
Hi!

You are probably right about the best way doing this and a couple of years ago a Lightwaver shared a project where this were possible. He made a project for a customer where all parts of the building were either ripped apart or built up depending on how you moved the null adjusting this.

Canīt find it now but maybe there are no old threads from 2009 left in this forum that are connected to this delicate solution?

Jack

Danner
02-05-2012, 08:13 PM
I saw your previous thread, I remembered that older one, but I had no idea how to find it.. then I remembered the game Sim City was mentioned so I searched that in quotes in the forum and found it.

http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?t=101147

jaxtone
02-05-2012, 09:07 PM
Thanks a lot dear Danner! This what exactly what I was looking for!

Jack