PDA

View Full Version : lightwave texturing

SEMIRO
10-19-2003, 12:12 PM
i think it would be good for a new version of lightwave to have a texture program so you would have lightwave layout, modeler and texture-er....like bodypaint but made by newtek and designed just for lightwave...that would be awsome...

think about it you could model a character and then texture it in 3d like bodypaint and deep paint 3d...

Panikos
10-19-2003, 04:24 PM
Texturing process is subject to the scene-specific lighting conditions. Texuting under a constant fixed light is useful only in some rare situations.

Additionally, many people ask for integration of Layout and Modeler into a single program. (Something I disagree)

Though everyone has different needs.

:D

mkiii
10-21-2003, 04:24 AM
You think everyone textures their objects solely on the basis of a specific scene files lighting conditions?

That wouldn't be a lot of use for 99% of modellers, who's objects & textures need to be used in a variety of contexts. EG if I wanted a jet to fly over an overcast landscape, then at night, & finally, across a desert, I would need to make 3 sets of textures one for each lighting condition if i did it the way you suggest.

So how would a paint app integrated into LW be a bad thing, not that it's likely to happen any time soon?

Panikos
10-21-2003, 07:42 PM
mkii, I understand what you mean.
Thats why I wrote that every user has different needs.
I am lucky having the luxury of time to surface/texture an object according to the scene that will be used.
Of course tuning it for a different scene isnt that hard.

:)