PDA

View Full Version : Apology to All

hamite1212
02-04-2012, 07:27 PM
I posted a thread about needing help on a short film that was involving Christianity. This was not intended to hurt anyone's feelings or hurt NewTek's community forum.

I ask all of those that were concern for forgiveness for my motive was not to make God look bad nor did I suspect that I would create a request that would create controversy.

Again, I ask forgiveness on my part and we have Lightwave 10 and we are users of the great software but I never thought I broke any rules or just plain doing something that would hurt the great image of NewTek and NewTek's community forum.

Thanks for any understanding and I appreciate all those who read it but also appreciate any understanding that I did not intend to break any rules, create controversy and/or hurt anyone. I thought it was just a simple request for helping us out in justifiable need. (sorry for my grammar)

Respectfully

Steve West
LittleShots Productions, LLC

shrox
02-04-2012, 08:43 PM
Oh, don't worry about it. I am Quaker and I spout off all the time. What out for those Jedi though...(they think they are "real").

On another angle, could CG renders and animations of human beings be classified as graven images? This is just a technical query rather than a theological one, more of a definition I guess.

VonBon
02-04-2012, 10:09 PM
:devil: Jedi are real, cause I be one :tcicon:

Dexter2999
02-04-2012, 10:57 PM
hamite-

Good luck on your project. I hope you got some responces that were helpful.

The thread in question probably didn't affront anyone but the venue isn't friendly to witnessing or prosthelytizing.

To be honest, I was more worried about some of the biting replies that your request was sure to spark.

It's just best locked. Similarly, this thread, although well intentioned, opens the door for interactions that some might find border on "hostile".

Best of luck to you.

jasonwestmas
02-04-2012, 11:08 PM
Meh, Dust in the wind. Half of us believe in the metaphysical, half of us don't. It's that way everywhere you go.

DigiLusionist
02-05-2012, 01:00 AM
If someone were to post about an animated project focused on Wicca or some environmental-activist theology, I would not care. I don't believe in those things, and so, am not invested in proving or disproving them. I certainly wouldn't post rants on that thread, or get "offended."

If someone gets offended by God, or the mention thereof, well, it's that person's issue and problem, not yours.

KillMe
02-05-2012, 03:43 AM
of course jedi are real - this is just a game played between killing sith lords, and running around the galaxy fighting the sith empire now the treaty of courscant is wearing a bit thin.

why i just rescued my master on alderaan yesterday, but still got to recover a secret assasination weapon stolen by the sith, its a hard life being a jedi you know but the force is with me so i manage

shrox
02-05-2012, 10:24 AM
of course jedi are real - this is just a game played between killing sith lords, and running around the galaxy fighting the sith empire now the treaty of courscant is wearing a bit thin.

why i just rescued my master on alderaan yesterday, but still got to recover a secret assasination weapon stolen by the sith, its a hard life being a jedi you know but the force is with me so i manage

How do you get around TSA at the airport? Jedi mind tricks don't work, they've spent too much time by those full body scanners, rots their synapses...

GandB
02-05-2012, 11:20 AM
How do you get around TSA at the airport?

He must have wore the butt-less chaps. ;)

stiff paper
02-05-2012, 11:27 AM
He must have wore the butt-less chaps. ;)

It would certainly distract them.

shrox
02-05-2012, 12:20 PM
He must have wore the butt-less chaps.
It would certainly distract them.

I see no danger of this thread being closed.

Waves of light
02-05-2012, 01:31 PM
As you go through life you will find that 60% of the population don't agree with you, or your ideas. Of the 60%, half will have better things to with their lives, the other half of them will be Maya users, of them over half will be Mac users, of them 10% will be over the age of 50, and only a small few will own a pair of butt-less chaps.

What I am trying to say is that when it comes to religion you are never going to please them all, well, maybe the buddhists... maybe.

Unless one of the administrators is trying to hide the fact they have the lw butt-less chaps! Chuck?

stiff paper
02-05-2012, 04:10 PM

Phew. It's a good job I didn't mention that thought I had about the butt-less chaps and the customs officers at the airport and it saving time if they decided... you know... cavity search...

Ernest
02-05-2012, 06:17 PM

On Alderaan? You were on Alderaan yesterday?
Was that yesterday as in Earth days? And Alderaan was still there?

DigiLusionist
02-05-2012, 08:57 PM
I have it on good authority that Jedi wear assless chaps under their robes.

funk
02-05-2012, 10:17 PM
I see no reason to apologise :)

Shnoze Shmon
02-05-2012, 11:01 PM
As you go through life you will find that 60% of the population don't agree with you, or your ideas. Of the 60%, half will have better things to with their lives, the other half of them will be Maya users, of them over half will be Mac users, of them 10% will be over the age of 50, and only a small few will own a pair of butt-less chaps.

What I am trying to say is that when it comes to religion you are never going to please them all, well, maybe the buddhists... maybe.

Oh Yeah! I'm not going to bathe until everyone agrees with me on everything, AND I've arranged to constantly be upwind of EVERYONE!

If that doesn't scare you into compliance then there is the beans...

and if that doesn't scare you into compliance then...

well...

ummm...

guess I'll give up and take a bath...

I see no reason to apologise :)

:agree:

PhotoTekArtWork
02-06-2012, 02:35 PM
Please do. LOL