PDA

View Full Version : Update on 'Battlestar Galactica: Blood and Chrome'

robertoortiz
02-03-2012, 06:34 AM
"It's done almost completely on green screen," he said. "What I love about it is we're applying this idea of virtual sets on a whole new level. We took photos and digitized all the 'Battlestar Galactica' sets before we struck them. So when you see two actors walking down a hallway, they're [really] walking down a green hallway and then we put photo-real shots of hallways and CIC and all the sets we had behind them."

Stern said the pilot was a good test to prove the technology could be used in series, although he acknowledged it will likely take a year to get the show on air after it's ordered due to the amount of post-production work that will be required on every episode.

http://communityvoices.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/arts-entertainment-living/tuned-in-journal/31441-press-tour-update-on-battlestar-galactica-blood-a-chrome

Markc
02-03-2012, 08:36 AM
From the same article:
"Now that we're back from the holidays I'm just waiting to get some foreign [financial] numbers in because we're both the studio and network on this," he said. "I'm hoping to make a decision [about whether to order it to series] in the next month or so."

Hope this happens

Really can't wait now. :thumbsup:

Cryonic
02-03-2012, 08:56 AM
Umm, they've been doing virtual sets on Sanctuary since season 1. They've been doing OK, but it is still obvious when the actors aren't walking through a real set.

WillCameron
02-03-2012, 03:33 PM
Didn't they also do this on Babylon 5: the Lost Tales, the direct to video movie and intend to do it for others (if it had made more money). I think that was the first time that had ever seriously been tried, wasnt it?

- Will.

deg
02-03-2012, 09:08 PM
Umm, they've been doing virtual sets on Sanctuary since season 1. They've been doing OK, but it is still obvious when the actors aren't walking through a real set.

If I do say so myself; This is on a whole other level than Sanctuary. Whole other level than anything come before it green-screen-wise. It's groundbreaking.

deg

thomascheng
02-04-2012, 12:04 AM
It doesn't have to be perfect, I just want to watch the show already.

cresshead
02-04-2012, 05:01 AM
i'm working on a green screen virtual set production sci fi show...ours will have to be 'it'll do' as we have no budget and a very small crew!

we're also using lightwave as one of the 3d apps.

LW_Will
02-04-2012, 09:57 AM
i'm working on a green screen virtual set production sci fi show...ours will have to be 'it'll do' as we have no budget and a very small crew!

we're also using lightwave as one of the 3d apps.

We did a fan film with a LOT of green spill... like a billion percent of spill... finally proved to much for the effort.

So, have your VFX people on set and make a LOT of tests.