PDA

View Full Version : Complete Heart

Zarathustra
10-19-2003, 11:08 AM
Fully modelled and animated heart. (http://www.magicanimation.com/Heart/)

Enjoy!

Love to hear everyone's thoughts, questions, etc.

Noclar7
10-19-2003, 11:23 AM
I like it. I always find simulations, recreations, and visualizations interesting. Its good to know that what your doing can also be used to help people as apposed to just entertaining them/ selling er whatever. Anyhoo, as far as critiques go, I think it may be a little too shiney at some angles. It works good for bringing out the detail but maybe if it was a little less hot. I like the detail in the right atrium and ventricle animations. Would like to see some blood passing threw.

Cheers,
RJ

Chris Partridge
10-19-2003, 01:16 PM
Fantastic work, very nice indeed.

mega maniac
10-19-2003, 02:29 PM
i agree with it being too shiny, but somehow i dont think it would be apriciated if it were dripping blood...

Stewpot
10-19-2003, 03:34 PM
Great modelling, mechanics and animation, but I would expect the colour to be a brighter richer red. However, maybe wrong I ain't seen too many living hearts in my neck of the woods recently!

Oh and we want blood!!!

Zarathustra
10-19-2003, 03:56 PM
It's for an educational tape. I plan on making it look more "real" someday.
Blood, although cool to see, would obscure the view of the valves and assorted goodies.

The inside is basically pink without the blood.

Yeah, it's a bit hot. I can build the things and make the maps, but the subtleties of spec, gloss, reflection, etc tend to escape me.

starbase1
10-19-2003, 04:53 PM
Now that is seriously amazing...

It makes me feel rather fragile - presumably my life depends on those thin stringy bits working non stop for 80 years or so!

Neat!

Nick

UnCommonGrafx
10-20-2003, 07:05 AM
That is fascinating!!
Very nice simulation. Too shiney, yes. But that can surely be overlooked for all the goodness here. ;) But as you said, the blood gets in the way. To that end, so does the shiney-ness as it would be a remnant of said wetness.

But who cares? :confused: That's just nice.

Jaffro
10-20-2003, 08:05 AM
Great animation, looks fantastic.

On topic of too shiny, i think its only the fatty areas that could do with a reduction of spec and gloss. All good apart from that. How did you animate it, morph maps?

ruud
10-25-2003, 10:38 AM
simply wow! I give you 4 stars for it!

One thing I missed though... The other vains in the back don't move or shake or anything, that would make it complete to me, it would make it look... ALIVE!!!

Greetz!

Zarathustra
10-25-2003, 11:20 AM
The beating is done with bones.
The valves are morphs.

The branches in the back actually go into the lungs, so their movement would be more dictated by the respiration of the lungs. Yes, they should be moving but I honestly don't know to what degree.

Thanks a bunch for the stars! :)

Stalio
10-26-2003, 02:44 PM
Great great work Zara :)