PDA

View Full Version : DAZ Studio4Pro, Bryce7Pro & Hexagon2.5 FREE

goodrichm
02-02-2012, 09:19 AM
Saw this on another forum and wanted to make sure my Newtek buds got in on the deal too! MG

http://www.daz3d.com/i/3d/free-3d-software-overview?home_5_btn=start

josewave
02-02-2012, 09:49 AM
Thanks for the info.

calilifestyle
02-02-2012, 11:55 AM
site seems down

Philbert
02-02-2012, 12:35 PM
Downloading now. Site is up but very slow.

jasonwestmas
02-02-2012, 12:56 PM
Probs, overloaded with visitors who like free stuff. lol

Philbert
02-02-2012, 01:10 PM
I have no problem with free stuff. :p Another thing to note is that when you "buy" these 3 things a bunch of other "accessories" are added to your download page too such as a 3D Bridge for Photoshop and goz for Daz.

daforum
02-02-2012, 01:31 PM
Yep, site seems down at the moment.

Thanks for the heads up goodrichm :thumbsup:

Edit: now it's up again! It looks pretty impressive too. All that software for nothing - and a starter bundle too.

jasonwestmas
02-02-2012, 01:37 PM
I have no problem with free stuff. :p Another thing to note is that when you "buy" these 3 things a bunch of other "accessories" are added to your download page too such as a 3D Bridge for Photoshop and goz for Daz.

Oh I didn't mean to say it was a Problem. I meant Probs = Probably. ;)

LW_Will
02-02-2012, 08:44 PM
Amazing that the Pro version of Daz Studio includes the FBX output. With the FBX included, you can then use my workflow for mocap. Very nice...

Philbert
02-02-2012, 10:05 PM
Amazing that the Pro version of Daz Studio includes the FBX output. With the FBX included, you can then use my workflow for mocap. Very nice...

What's your workflow? I need it with mocap, but I am using Animeeple.

zarti
02-03-2012, 02:03 AM
even the Kings accept gifts ,

.. so thanks for posting the info here godrichm.

safetyman
02-03-2012, 07:50 AM
Got them last night (except for Hexagon -- have no use for that).

prometheus
02-04-2012, 06:29 AM
Great...but why on earth are they providing it free? is there a new huge update arriving, or is it a sad fact that Daz might be shutting down due to bad sales?

I hope it is the former and that something brilliant might arrive from them soon, in such case it might be a god marketing.

Michael

stevecullum
02-04-2012, 06:57 AM
Great...but why on earth are they providing it free? is there a new huge update arriving, or is it a sad fact that Daz might be shutting down due to bad sales?

I hope it is the former and that something brilliant might arrive from them soon, in such case it might be a god marketing.

Michael

They've only just released 4 though and the Genesis figures are getting good press from what I've heard. So it is a very odd thing to do...

geo_n
02-04-2012, 09:01 AM
The marketplace is a steady stream of cash for daz. There's a lot of hobbyist and pro's that buy daz ready to use ASSets. Give away the host app but hook them to libraries and presets.

jasonwestmas
02-04-2012, 09:03 AM
Yeah Daz is more about selling addons and 3d products that support the software. There is most likely far less profit in the default software package.

LW_Will
02-04-2012, 09:47 AM
What's your workflow? I need it with mocap, but I am using Animeeple.

Thanks, I've got to do a tutorial on it, but basically DSP4, export with FBX to MoBu or Lightwave... there is a mocap/FK kind of a thing in there as well...

I really love MoBu! It used to be hell getting things in and out of the program, now easy peasy...

LW_Will
02-04-2012, 09:50 AM
Used to be that the would give the bases assets away, sell the programs and advanced assets. Now, give the programs away, sell Victoria 4 (genesis)...

zapper1998
02-04-2012, 01:22 PM
wish they would compile Bryce to 64 bit...

Philbert
02-04-2012, 01:55 PM
I'm guessing they're willing to take a loss for one month in order to sell more assets in the long run. Something like Sony taking a loss on PS3 sales in order to make money on games.

cresshead
02-04-2012, 03:15 PM
got bryce 7 and daz pro [already have hexagon]
good to see such moves in times of people having to be careful in what they spend their cash on.

awesome for those who want to get into 3d, free is always good!

starbase1
02-04-2012, 03:26 PM
OK, I got the program, all very good. Thanks Daz!

But I'm having serious problems exporting, and getting the results into lightwave again! (This using FBX, and Lightwave 10.1).

To be more specific, it loses the pose, and the textures get messed up. (Or even weirder, the hair keeps a pose and the figure loses it?!?!)

I attach screen grabs of my FBX export and what came into lightwave.

Any clues?

I also tried OBJ, but that has other issues, such as messing up the specularity.

Paul24
02-04-2012, 03:29 PM
Hi,

Thanks, :thumbsup:
I was wondering about the free Bryce Pro, does it have some contents or not at all? I haven't downloaded it yet.
Does Bryce OBJ works well with Lightwave and does Bryce export to LWO or/and LWS?
Also I have Poser Pro 2012, do you know if it works with Bryce?

jasonwestmas
02-04-2012, 04:04 PM
OK, I got the program, all very good. Thanks Daz!

But I'm having serious problems exporting, and getting the results into lightwave again! (This using FBX, and Lightwave 10.1).

To be more specific, it loses the pose, and the textures get messed up. (Or even weirder, the hair keeps a pose and the figure loses it?!?!)

I attach screen grabs of my FBX export and what came into lightwave.

Any clues?

I also tried OBJ, but that has other issues, such as messing up the specularity.

If the surface names have more than one UV set then maybe that is what is causing the issue. Also LW10.1 has issues when importing FBX 2012

starbase1
02-05-2012, 02:19 AM
If the surface names have more than one UV set then maybe that is what is causing the issue. Also LW10.1 has issues when importing FBX 2012

Ah, I foolishly figured the latest version would be best!

That sounds worth a shot, I'll drop back a version for export and see where that gets me.

Nick

starbase1
02-05-2012, 08:50 AM
Well, dropping back a version and loading into Layout instead of Modeller worked a lot better!

I'd still like a way to get surfaces in correctly without massive mucking about though - and that would include buying something. Years back I found Greenbriar Tools did a decent job, but I checked the web page and its proudly claiming to work with poser 5!

littlewaves
02-05-2012, 11:36 AM
try as I may I don't appear to be able to get the skeleton imported from a Daz fbx into lightwave.

I can get the figure and morphs in but no bones appear.

Tried in 9.6 and 10.1 trial

prometheus
02-05-2012, 12:45 PM
Testing lw 11 here..

I will check out fbx import from daz later, first initial test was at completly wrong scale thou, and with a genesis figure that has no bones I think?

But the obj format exports almost perfect, Except for that I do not get the color maps assigned in the color channel, only in the diffuse channel, might be missing something when I export? so I have to copy the diffuse color map to each color channel..a little painstaking.

former issues with lw10 isnīt there anymore such as multiloading of images in the image editor, only one map there now for respective part.

Luminosity values are now set to 0% while it was mostly set at 80% or something before.

Specularity issues might occour, especially with eyelashes, turn that down to zero and it should look fine.

I noticed that color values looks a little better if you increase them to something around 120 %.

Gotta figure out if Iīm doing something wrong not getting the color channels assigned.

Ps..the genesis figures are cool, now I can get that fatty look to match
my recent lazy living:)
I am working out on it thou, at least I have started to walk on our own treadmills we sell, a couple of days in the week.:)

Cheers

Michael
http://vimeo.com/user680656

jaf
02-05-2012, 12:51 PM
Hi,

Thanks, :thumbsup:
I was wondering about the free Bryce Pro, does it have some contents or not at all? I haven't downloaded it yet.
Does Bryce OBJ works well with Lightwave and does Bryce export to LWO or/and LWS?
Also I have Poser Pro 2012, do you know if it works with Bryce?

There is a 686mb Bryce content download that is in your account page (available downloads.)

Not sure about exporting Bryce objects -- I haven't used it for a long time and quit back at version 6. I always thought Bryce handled obj imports pretty good, including from Poser, but again, I haven't tried Bryce 7 yet.

wrench
02-05-2012, 01:32 PM
But the obj format exports almost perfect, Except for that I do not get the color maps assigned in the color channel, only in the diffuse channel, might be missing something when I export? so I have to copy the diffuse color map to each color channel..a little painstaking.

In LightWave 11 try Reversing Ka and Kd in OBJ settings in Options (Modeler or Layout).

B

Silkrooster
02-05-2012, 10:04 PM
Something that some users may not realize. Is Daz had a free version of Bryce 7. That was a watered down version. This version is the pro which everything is enabled. So checkout instancing.

If you not familiar with how it works. Click the tree icon for example. Then select the ground and hit the I button that displays next to the object. A window will pop up where you can select a source such as the tree and now you can paint where you want your trees.
Have fun...

Philbert
02-05-2012, 11:18 PM
Good tip, I haven't used Bryce since the late 90's

wesleycorgi
02-05-2012, 11:44 PM
Has anyone tried the cloth sim with Daz? And does Daz export MDD?

Silkrooster
02-05-2012, 11:52 PM
Good tip, I haven't used Bryce since the late 90's

Thanks, Yeah every once in awhile, I still go back to where it all started. Actually, I find it very useful for teaching my nephew. I am glad to see it get a bit of loving, but it still has a long way to go if it wants to catch up. I still have hopes for it to go in the big leagues. But I always tend to dream big.

Silkrooster
02-05-2012, 11:54 PM
Has anyone tried the cloth sim with Daz? And does Daz export MDD?

Not yet, I still have a bunch of catching up with the enhancments they have made. Genesis is a break through compared to where I left off in poser way back when. So much easier to pose and shape.

starbase1
02-06-2012, 05:07 AM
So, are there any tools to help surface import for Lightwave?

Even with FBX getting the geometry right, there's still a huge fiddly mess to be waded through in terms of correcting all those surfaces.. Greenbrair used to do it, anything newer that works?

Not have much luck finding anything with Google...

prometheus
02-06-2012, 05:14 AM
Havent tried fbx really, Im on to testing obj exports, but thatīs without bones.

scale is accurate and all textures and UVīs..thereīs only maybe two issues.
1.The texture maps doesnīt get assigned in the color channel only in the diffuse channel.
so you have to manually copy those layers and paste for each color channel.

2.The specularity channel gives a bad look if they have a value on layers with transparency, you would have to turn that off to get eyelashes and polyhair to look good.

other than that and missing of bones..just fine...no multiloading of images in the image editor as in lw10. and luminosity is set to zero.

This is with Lightwave 11 in mind.

Michael

erikals
02-06-2012, 05:28 AM
so the solution is to export via fbx to get the bones imported,
and then in LW replace the fbx mesh with an exported DAZ .obj file?

rcallicotte
02-06-2012, 10:24 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94ZVjw-DaSg&list=UUY7ywI1xsB5ekLPViocLdnQ&index=1&feature=plcp

More coolness from zBrush to Genesis. I would guess this could be imported as an object into Lightwave...just guessing.

mcotner
02-06-2012, 12:36 PM
More free stuff . . . if you pick up the Feb 2012 3D World you get an additional DAZ char for free.

http://www.3dworldmag.com/2012/02/03/free-female-figure-with-issue-153-victoria-5-and-accompanying-articles/

The local bookstore doesn't have it yet, but I will be picking it up when they do.

Also, for those of you using a Mac like me . . . don't bother with downloading Bryce 7 Pro . . . crashes on start for most(if not all).

Edit: On sale US newsstands: From 29 February 2012 - Guess that's why they don't have it yet. :)

'njoy,
Mark

Philbert
02-06-2012, 03:02 PM
Yeah I usually don't see 3D World in stores here for at least a month after they release in the UK, sometimes longer. I'll keep an eye out for this one though.

wesleycorgi
02-07-2012, 05:22 PM
The local bookstore doesn't have it yet, but I will be picking it up when they do.

They still have bookstores where you live! :) All the local bookstores in my area have shut down (luckily me wifee gives me a subscription to 3D World for Xmas every year).

Philbert
02-07-2012, 06:55 PM
No Barnes and Noble? There are two of them near me, not to mention small book stores in the malls.

Edit: Their website says there are 36 of them within 50 mi of LA.