PDA

View Full Version : photoshop file won't load

Willax
02-01-2012, 01:33 PM
I have created an object - paint can and tried to load a photoshop image as a cyclindrical map. the image loads but it is not color correct (mostly greyscale) and not proportionally correct. I appears to only show a small portion of the image, not the complete image. I have tried saving it as a tiff, jpeg and psd but it still gives me the same problem. I have been able to load other photoshop files in the past, but for some reason these paint can images will not. If I convert it to jpeg it will load but then i get the greyscale image and wrong size. Is there something in the format of the file causing this?
Willax

nickdigital
02-01-2012, 01:40 PM
Change it from CMYK to RGB.

Willax
02-01-2012, 01:57 PM
Thanks nickdigital, that was it. One more question? How do I get rid of the seams at the edge of the wrap?

nickdigital
02-01-2012, 02:14 PM
Well your image doesn't tile on the edges. Is that what you're talking about?

Can you post the object that you're using this image on?

Willax
02-01-2012, 07:35 PM
Here is the object I am using. I am setting it to wrap twice, front and back of can. Where the edges meet, there is noise, but the image is set to be seamless

nickdigital
02-01-2012, 08:34 PM
If you're posting the same psd as you were earlier the sides don't tile. Meaning the left side doesn't hook up to the right side. That's why there's a seam.

Look at this tutorial.
http://www.photoshoptextures.com/texture-tutorials/seamless-textures.htm

Willax
02-01-2012, 10:30 PM
Thanks, I actually used a different psd file uploaded in my last post. I did the tutorial by making it completely square. The rest of it was more for textures and not the label, but the seam was definitely less with making it square. I think that might be usable.
Willax

JonW
02-02-2012, 12:23 AM
The attached "Tin.zip" is a scene with your image (overall made square) projected onto a tin. Then using an Advanced camera to render the inside of the tin. Render image using "Camera Inside" camera (Increase AA).

Then open image in Photoshop, flip it & it would be best the rebuild the image, but you will have the key things, text & logo in the right place.

Your final image will need to be about 3 times the width so it will wrap around the your actual can of paint "object". So you will need to build some additional silhouette houses, & it would to best to put a new green background gradient in so it's consistent around the tin. Your new lighting will provide the highlights.

Willax
02-12-2012, 09:03 PM
Thanks Jon for the info. I got sidetracked with a submission for a toothbrush maker, so had put this on hold for a bit. Gonna work on it after this project is finished rendering. Heck at least it's only a 5 hour render. I remember when this project would have taken over a week to render, heh.
Willax