PDA

View Full Version : Skelegons

Omto
03-02-2003, 03:28 PM
I just started messing with these.....is there no way to have skelegons affect your model in modeler? It seems odd to have to go into layout...edit your model with the bones and then bring it back into modeler....I must be missing something...:confused:

Thanks for any help.

Dodgy
03-02-2003, 06:16 PM
Skelegons are only for placement of bones in the model. When you load the model in layout, you use 'items>add>bones>convert skelegons to bones' and then these become proper bones which will deform your object.

If you want to convert your bones back into skelegons, do a search in the plugin section on www.flay.com for loadbones, an external plugin made to do exactly that. It's free and very useful.

I would suggest you also download Sticky bones, this is free and allows you to adjust your bones in layout a little easier.

ACS4 is also something you might want to look up, as well as Skelegon editor, or do a general search for bones/skelegons.

Omto
03-02-2003, 09:18 PM
Yeah I know the standard use for skelegons...I just thought it would be nice to be able to use them to deform my object on the modeler instead of taking all the way to layout and back again. No biggie.

Thanks

SplineGod
03-03-2003, 02:47 AM
You can see skelegons deform a mesh in vertex paint after you have applied weight maps

hrgiger
03-03-2003, 12:44 PM
While skelegons are very useful and easy to use, the best answer would be to have active bones in modeler instead of Layout. It would be so much easier to do joint morphs and such.

SplineGod
03-03-2003, 01:31 PM
I would prefer to do it all in layout right while Im animating. :)