PDA

View Full Version : FiberFX Root Splintering Problem On Short Guided Hairs

evolross
01-26-2012, 06:48 PM
I'm trying to use FiberFX in LW 10.1 x64 to create eyebrows and eyelashes on a head model and I've been running into a TON of issues and crashes. I've reported several bugs already. I'm not sure if this is a bug or if there's some way to fix it....

Whenever I add FiberFX to a basic object in Layout, then style the guides, if I choose to make the fibers short by setting the scale low, I get this weird splintering at the roots (see image). But if I set the scale high enough, the splintering goes away BUT my fibers are too long for my intended look. My fibers are set to have five edges.

I'm basically trying to make fairly short eyebrow fibers that lay down along the surface of the head model and some of them need to be really short (like where the eyebrow starts near the bridge of the nose).

The first image is from my head model scene. The second image is on a test scene with just a plane in it.

evolross
01-27-2012, 10:22 AM
Here's another example of the splintering when trying to setup an eyelash. On this example I haven't edited any guides. Just created fibers on a simple thin mesh, messed with the gravity, and edges. It also makes no difference if up the scale, the problem still occurs and gets larger.

It doesn't seem to happen on 1 or 2 edges, but then the look is totally lost and it's just straight, rigid fibers.

Another problem possibly related to the splintering is the start position of the fibers. It seems to offset from the geometry for no reason, also throwing off the look and usage. :stumped:

evolross
02-18-2012, 01:38 AM
Just tried my test scene in the LW11 demo and it looks like they fixed this one! :thumbsup::newtek: