PDA

View Full Version : PreSonus StudioLive 16.0.2 Audio Mixer using with Tricaster XD300

davedude
01-25-2012, 01:37 PM
As everyone probably knows, the audio mixer in the Tricaster XD300 was quite a downgrade from even the VT5's audio mixer. Also using a mouse to make audio adjustments during a live production is painful at best.

When I had a VT5 I was using Youngmonkey's MIDI-VT plugin with a AKAI APC Midi Controller to do live adjustments to the sound with physical control. When I upgraded to a Tricaster XD300, the MIDI plugins didn't work with the XD300 and there was no more AUX mix (for mix-minus) so I could not take SKYPE calls anymore using the built in Mixer on the Tricaster which rendered it useless.

I did some heavy research on what Audio Mixer to buy on a budget, and I decided to get the PreSonus StudioLive 16.0.2 and so far I've been happy with the purchase.

16 channels with 4 AUX feeds so I can do Skype Mix-Minus easily. Also full Limiter/Compressor/EQ audio processing on all channels.

I use it for my live broadcasts and I have not have had any issues using this with the Tricaster.

dhomas
02-21-2012, 12:14 PM
MIDI (and much more) will be a reality for TriCaster XD in the near future... stay tuned to Master Control, as it gets even more amazing!

ZoLO
06-13-2012, 12:31 PM
MIDI (and much more) will be a reality for TriCaster XD in the near future... stay tuned to Master Control, as it gets even more amazing!

Really looking forward to this..

digiview
06-13-2012, 08:55 PM

dhomas I look forward to seeing this while I use the iPAD AudioMixer app it is limited and have physical controller with full Limiter/Compressor/EQ audio processing on all channels would complete my XD850.
Thanks

RonF
06-26-2012, 03:25 PM
Good choice.

I use the Presonus 16.4.2 and love it. I have it connected to my XD300 Tricaster, all my audio I/O for PC's in my office, and other audio devices as well.

The noise gate is a nice feature integrated with the equalizer to drown out the Tricaster's fan noise too.