PDA

View Full Version : Need help / contest / cash money

patrickkelly
01-24-2012, 04:12 PM
So, I need help, and being a professional animator, I have a few bucks to throw at solving a problem. If you want to be part of this great, if you don't, please just sit back and spectate. I have used this method in the past and it has not only generated some truly unexpected solutions, but it has put cash money in the pockets of a few animators. I could just ask for help and give nothing in return but my thanks, and occasionally I have done just that, but this time I can throw a bone to someone. I can not pay everyone, and I only need one workable solution. I am not asking for you to do my work for me, just looking for some professional level problem solving that I can incorporate into my workflow.

Please watch this video:
http://www.patrickkellystudios.com/HELPME/Test1.mp4

See how the cutter squishes the growth? The client REALLY likes that squishing bit. I used a simple morph to accomplish this. So far so good.

Please watch this video:
http://www.patrickkellystudios.com/HELPME/Test2.mp4

See how the cutter takes "Bites" out of the growth. I did this bit by generating particles from the vertices of the growth and applying Hypervoxels to the particles. I then attached a nul to the cutter blade, and as the blade cuts the growth, the nul kills any particles it comes into contact with. That is way the particles pop off kind of jerky like.

What I need is a way to have the cutter squish the growth and cut the growth. In a perfect world, I could just do a morph based on the distance to a nul, but that won't give me the sweeping motion of the cutter. What ever solution you come up with should take into consideration my clients tendency to make changes.

And lastly I would like to recognize the seemingly unlimited talent that this website represents. I am continuously amazed by the ingenious methods to your madness.

And yes, this animation takes place deep in a woman's vagin*.

ShadowMystic
01-24-2012, 04:33 PM
Sent you my idea (may have sent twice, oops) If you'd like, I can throw together a demonstration.

RebelHill
01-24-2012, 04:39 PM
why not apply cloth/soft fx to the growth, make a cyclinder to collide with parented to the probe... get the squashing bit of the anim done and baked. Then generate HVs from the animated verts, move the cylinder away, move in the particle killer.