PDA

View Full Version : Solo button

raw-m
01-24-2012, 03:28 AM
Working on a large scene and want to tweak the animation of one particular object. Just want to solo it really - good addition to that drop down box under the eye column in the SE?

Got loads of objects in a mixture of states and don't want to select everything to hide them as when it comes to un-soloing I'll have to go through everything and try and remember what needs turning off....

j-mation
01-24-2012, 04:00 AM
:agree:
This is the same thing we posted about the Scene and Dopesheet being able to Filter Selected Items. Add your support to the previous post.:D

3DGFXStudios
01-24-2012, 04:15 AM
+1

vncnt
02-07-2012, 12:06 AM
I think we can consider NLE style tracks - including Solo and Mute buttons, Grouping, Markers and Ranges - to be "industry standard".

I'd like to see a unified system for Motion/Morph/Light/etc Envelopes, Motion Mixer tracks, Audio track(s), Motion Capture data, (stereo-3D) Image sequences.
A single system that efficiently locks to other GUI components and/or a second monitor.

If time is involved, parameters should be on ONE timeline.

zardoz
02-08-2012, 05:12 PM
when I want to isolate something in layout I use ef ItemFocus

from here:

http://people.dsv.su.se/~dan-dulb/evenflow3d/index.php

I don't know it this is what you want, it seems more simple than what you are asking for.

evenflcw
02-08-2012, 08:45 PM
Thanks Zardoz. :)

Solo is what I was trying to implement. That's a better name for it too... (damn!)

Really, NT needs to redesign the item visibility states. Invisibility is not a rendering style! Visibility (on/off) and rendering style are two distinct properties and should be implemented separately. I bet most can't imagine the work that actually goes into separating them after the fact. It also doesn't help (performance) that items need to be selected in order to change their visibility, nor that the item visibility constants (the value representing each rendering style) are all messed up in lscript.

Zardoz, might I ask if you've experienced issues or querkyness with the script or if it has been performing as expected? (Even if you've only used it alittle I'd like to know).

zardoz
02-09-2012, 02:30 AM
Hi evenflcw,

Well I use your script once in a while and I have no problems. I love the yellow frame.
I try to use as much as I can another script (LayersMC) from Mike Green (Dodgy) but it has some bugs...or maybe it's the lightwave version.

The guys at work use a script in 3ds max called LPM (www.lukashi.com/LPM.php) and it's pretty good as a render pass management, but it is also good for handling assets in the scene. And from what I see when I use this script, Lightwave could do the same (I'm not a programmer but I am aware of the differences between LW and Max...in the end this script creates different .max files, one for each pass, and in LW we could have something to do it too)

cheers