PDA

View Full Version : "Ramoras" and "WIPs" and "Second Models" Same guy or same class?

probiner
01-18-2012, 04:15 PM
Because it looked like spam, I was about to make a harsh reply to one of the threads here : http://forums.newtek.com/forumdisplay.php?f=130

But then I thought it might be someone's class posting their work today.

What is it?

CHeers

XswampyX
01-18-2012, 04:22 PM
Thanks for the comments, guys. I'm not that knowledgeable in poly flow yet, but I think I will get better with it. This is was my week 2 project, which I will end up fixing for my demo reel at the end of the block. William Vaughan is my instructor and he's awesome. I've learned so much already in just 2 weeks! :)

http://www.daveschool.com/

I think they look great, would love some wires. Maybe they should be in one big thread or something?

Ryan Roye
01-18-2012, 04:51 PM
I was wondering the same thing...

Though it would be nice if they could have consolidated ... <edit> what swampy said.

probiner
01-18-2012, 05:02 PM
I like the concept design they're working on aswell. Nice pic. It's just... a lot of threads!!! :D

William and the students know best, but imho if it's a class project I think one thread would be the best, because it's the "same" project with different solutions. It would be better to compare solutions just like a in a classroom, where an input to one person's attempt might fit well in others. So thread per project would be nicer! If it's a personal project than, it's own thread.

Anyway, if you guys are reading this, Welcome!!!

COBRASoft
01-18-2012, 05:19 PM
Hehe, this could also become some kind of speed challenge for the people already on this forum. If William would post the project, non-dave school artists could share their version. I'm sure a lot students would learn a lot from some pro's out here (who have enough time for this). Just an idea...

probiner
01-18-2012, 05:28 PM
Exaclty my thought!
Speed Challenge or Workshop ^^

Don't know if its too much of a drift thought

JamesCurtis
01-24-2012, 06:56 AM
I agree that all those Ramora's should be consolidated into one link as well. It also pushes other peoples links off the main page too.