PDA

View Full Version : Courthouse

Carm3D
01-17-2012, 10:19 PM
Hello,

This is an interpretation of a courthouse in Goshen, Indiana. Trees n' grass done with HD_Instance.

Rabbitpenny
01-21-2012, 07:21 AM
Wow! I like to look up landmark models and see what short cuts were performed...In this case, looks like none. Even the stair railing (I thought stood out too much) was as black and prominent in one of the photos.

As an aside, the sky almost has that blue gray cast of an approaching prarie storm...I like it.

Carm3D
01-21-2012, 07:52 AM
Thanks Rabbi,

Trust me I took plenty of shortcuts. But thank you. :)

As an aside, the sky almost has that blue gray cast of an approaching prarie storm...I like it.

That's nature's way of saying, "You're not gonna find justice here. Muahahaha!"

Iain
01-23-2012, 04:26 AM
Great modelling. I bet there were some challenges there!

I think the lighting could be more natural and some of the surfaces could be improved for more realism. The glass in particular (its always the glass!)

Not keen on the grass either but the patchy stuff at the building is good.
If it's stills only project, I'd front project a lawn/golf course photo in there.

UnCommonGrafx
01-23-2012, 04:32 AM
Goshen... Very cool.

You aren't in Indiana are you, Carm?

Nice modelling. The render... seems stark. I've seen days like that around here but when done in 3d it looks wrong-er.

Still, comes out rather well.

Carm3D
01-23-2012, 05:39 AM
Thanks guys!

If it's stills only project, I'd front project a lawn/golf course photo in there.

It was for an animation.

You aren't in Indiana are you, Carm?

Nope. I picked this building because I liked it's look and it had some colour.. Not sterile grey like most of these types.