PDA

View Full Version : Mac users with Purple Rainbow Duo

Markc
01-17-2012, 12:30 PM
:help:
I have a Purple Rainbow Duo Dongle which gives me a different i.d. for 64bit Lightwave 10.1 (as expected).
Both my keys in registration are for the 32bit i.d. (so 64bit doesn't work).

How have other users got around this?

Rob Powers' thread from July 13 2011 says to get a new key for this i.d. from CS. CS are telling me I need a new Black Dongle.......???

gerry_g
01-17-2012, 04:52 PM
yes I did this, got a new black one which reports only one ID for 32bit or 64bit, need to contact customer support, like me you're in England so that means Newtek Europe. You will physically have to mail in your old one to get a replacement ( arrange this by phone or email first) and it should be a matter of no more then a few days to come back, just leave Lightwave running on at least one of your machines and hope it doesn't crash for the duration. Also this will mean that your new lock ID will not run any tied plugins you own and you'll have to contact those venders with proof of the dongle swap and the new ID to get new licenses

Markc
01-28-2012, 12:07 PM
Ah apparently, Newtek have been instructed to replace any older dongles with the black ones.
It's Bizarre that Newtek (US) send a new one then you send the old one back, but Newtek Europe want the old one first....:mad:

gerry_g
01-28-2012, 12:37 PM
then negotiate with them, tell them you absolutely need it for business and and can't risk a crash and see if they will offer to mail it out first

Sarford
01-28-2012, 01:45 PM
I believe if you re-register your version of LW you get a screen where you can enter the lock-id for the 32 bit or the 64 bit versions, both for mac and windows.
I think if you do that you can get a key for the 64 bit version without the need for swapping dongles. I run the 64 bit versions of LW 10 and 11 with the purple rainbow duo dongle without any problem.

gerry_g
01-28-2012, 02:44 PM
I swapped cos any key being issued for the purple rainbow stopped working for me and the Newtek Europe site flat out refused to let me re register, on top of this some third party plugins will not issue two licence keys one for 32bit and one for 64bit, which is what you need if you stick with a purple duo and intend or want to run in both 32 and 64 to take advantage of legacy plugins. If you can do it great but in the long run a single key is a neater and better solution

Markc
01-28-2012, 02:53 PM
Sarford

I did try to re-register, but the online tool told me it was already registered, and the dongle i.d. section was ghosted out (presumably logging in filled it in automatically)

Gerry G

Thanks, I will do a swap (at some point) :)
(Don't want to lose my Worley plugins, only 32bit 9.6)

gerry_g
01-28-2012, 05:45 PM
Worley was very obliging, gave me new key same day

lwanmtr
01-28-2012, 09:49 PM
Newtek was instructed to replace dongles? by who? I must have missed something....

Are we required to get new dongles? Shouldnt there have been a notice sent to customers?

Markc
01-29-2012, 04:12 AM
Sorry, I was a bit misleading.
If you need 32bit and 64bit keys you will have to get a replacement (unless you already have both keys, the system did create multiple keys, but I have only just installed LW10, and want 64bit).
The new registration system can't handle multiple dongle i.d's on the same dongle (which the Rainbow Duo produces). The new Black ones will only create one i.d. for 32/64bit.