PDA

View Full Version : Are your company using Adword? Feedback!

prometheus
01-16-2012, 02:27 AM
Yes we use it here, Im wondering If your company is using it for marketing and what do you think about it? how much worth is it to have those ad campaigns?

And How about Newtek, are they utilizing it?

Michael

biliousfrog
01-16-2012, 05:13 AM
I have done on/off but don't rely on it. I know of two reasons not to bother:

1) Very few people take notice of the ads down the side of the page and only a very small number bother with the ads at the top of the page. We have become so accustomed to seeing advertising on web pages that we generally ignore it.

2) I have chatted to a number of people in various industries regarding adword campaigns and it seems that the norm is to click on the competition's ads increasing their costs and using up their budget.

The only truly effective way of advertising online is to implement good SEO and get good rankings in the natural listings. A Google+ page is essential (although I'm not using mine effectively) along with other social media pages (Facebook, Twitter) and a blog along with regular updates to the site itself. That's not to say that adwords don't work but they won't affect your site's natural rankings meaning that you're potentially restricting your site to the search terms specified in your campaign.

prometheus
01-16-2012, 05:16 AM
Thanks..well yeah, the number 2 point of view is what Ive been thinking about too, who knows wich people is beeing this rude and perhaps have staff going through it to spend up your adword account.

Michael

Waves of light
01-16-2012, 05:26 AM
I have a free Adword voucher that came with my hosting account. I've not used it yet, so it's interesting to get your views.

I'm using Twitter for marketing and soon to be using Google+ and Facebook. I use a SEO plugin for my site as it's build with WP.

Ricky.

wrightyp100
01-19-2012, 04:27 AM
The trick to ad words is writing good ads.

Example.

I sell digital cameras and I want people to buy the 5d II (please note, those aren't real links...)

I DONT write:

Digital Cameras.

Best deal in town for digital
Cameras.

www.mycamerashop.co.uk

I DO write

Canon 5D II
Buy Canon 5D II and recieve
10% discount. Buy Now.

www.mycamerashop.co.uk/dslrs/canon5dII

Its about writing good copy and having an incentive to click.

Discounts, free consultaions. You need to sell your product there and then.

Take them straight to the page. Too many clicks? Im not bying.

Write ads for each service you provide. Have landing pages for each page with a form to fill in for the client. Get leads. Phone number box, email box.

I see so many people bag on adwords and its because they dont understand it.

Shame.

Oh, but I totally agree about SEO. I fyou get naturally listed AND have a solid ads campaign, you're on a winner.

Facebook, twitter, social media i also agree with. But dont forget to hit networking events too. What else? erm... That'll do for now ;)