PDA

View Full Version : Liveset Generator

mlcjohnson16
01-13-2012, 01:46 PM
Greetings all!

I have an associate who has Lightwave3D at his school (version 10 I believe) and we were going to sit down to create a simple PiP virtual set to use with our scoreboard at game broadcasts.

After doing some digging, we believe that we need (or would like to find) the free plugin for lightwave called LIveset Generator - but we cannot find it anywhere.

I'm not sure how complicated this is going to be as neither of us have done this before - so if anyone has any advice to offer that would be great!

Thanks much.
JJ

SBowie
01-13-2012, 02:00 PM
If your friend logs in to his LW registration page (http://reg.newtek.com), he should see an entry like the one below:

LightWave LiveSet Generator
added 07-21-2008

As I recall, there are docs in the archive. I believe it takes LW 9.3.1 or later. Apparently it's not listed for someone who registered after LW10, so if you don't see it, let me know. (To be perfectly honest, I'm not 100% sure it works in LW > v.10, but hopefully ...)

This is not something one can likely do in 15 minutes starting from no experience with the plugin. I'd give yourself a half day to get it sorted, after which you'll find it pretty easy.

mlcjohnson16
01-14-2012, 10:24 AM
Thanks for the info Steve, we logged in but didn't see a liveset generator plugin in his downloads section.

Is there another way to obtain it?

JJ

SBowie
01-14-2012, 07:43 PM
Send your email address to me by PM, and I'll make some arrangement or other to see that you get it.

joseburgos
01-15-2012, 08:43 AM
I am not sure if it works in version 10 but for sure if it works, it would be in 32 bit version of 10 (not a 64 bit app and yes app as it is more than just a traditional plug-in).

Take care,

SBowie
01-15-2012, 09:44 AM
Right, thanks for adding that detail, Josť.