PDA

View Full Version : VRML and Interactive Object

Grey_Jay
01-11-2012, 02:29 PM
Hello all. I have a client who wants to create 3-dimentional objects and allow user-interactivity. Meaning, he wants the ability to rotate and navigate around the object in 3D space. It won't have too much detail, and is mainly using it for the "wow" factor. Once done, he wants to place it in a PDF for distribution. I'm wondering if LW will facilitate this by exporting as VRML (or whatever)?

Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Thanks all.

nickdigital
01-11-2012, 04:30 PM
I know you can do this with QTVR...not sure about VRML though.

archijam
01-11-2012, 04:36 PM
Hello all. I have a client who wants to create 3-dimentional objects and allow user-interactivity. Meaning, he wants the ability to rotate and navigate around the object in 3D space. It won't have too much detail, and is mainly using it for the "wow" factor. Once done, he wants to place it in a PDF for distribution. I'm wondering if LW will facilitate this by exporting as VRML (or whatever)?

Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Thanks all.

You need to go in via U3D format. Adobe have really limited this one ..

Deep Hemisphere is your best bet, to take animations, textures, camera views, etc from LW into the U3d, or even set up simple PDF's.

Then you need to do a bit of editing and scripting to get what you want .. there is a pdf manual somewhere ont eh adobe site, I can dig it out if you can find it.

__

It's a shame, becasue A LOT is possible, even with the bad job Adobe have done. Check out this implementation from Bentley's Microstation:

ftp://ftp2.bentley.com/dist/collateral/Web/flyover_dtm.pdf

Nice stuff! But I would have huge troubles setting it up ... :/

OnlineRender
01-11-2012, 04:59 PM
http://www.lightwiki.net/mymodel/index.htm

Object in web-browser via webgl , exported from LW as collada give it a few secs to load the texture is 1 meg and we are testing this for all users not just "US" ohh yeah new feature to LWiki ,should be finished mid February maybe quicker depending on how much time and how well it plays with the site .

model required from http://www.rebelhill.net/html/shares.html "ITS ALSO RIGGED " and we can also display animations

archijam
01-11-2012, 05:03 PM
Nice Steph! Especially like the 'Tron' lighting ;)

OnlineRender
01-11-2012, 05:05 PM
Nice Steph! Especially like the 'Tron' lighting ;)

just two point lights we can do alot more ,we can effectivley export LW light position into the scene ,but atm its just testing a basic light setup .

infact we can do lots of powerful things , not as good as unity webplayer but easier for artists to upload and view .

Grey_Jay
01-11-2012, 10:34 PM
Thanks for the replies, everyone. I've been reading up on U3D formats. Can LW export U3D formats? And if so, will it retain all the lighting and texturing?

Or is there a LW plug-in that will export a U3D file?

Thanks again - J