PDA

View Full Version : Knex Helicopter and Ambulance

newo
01-11-2012, 10:16 AM
Hi Guys,

I'm a first time Lightwave User. Im currently enrolled in DAVE School at the backlot of Universal Studios, Orlando. Did my first week project. criticisms, comments, and suggestions are very much appreciated. thanks.

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/7/31/148961/Heli_Ambu01.jpg

oliversimonnet
01-11-2012, 12:42 PM
Hello
Welcome to the forums! :)

Very nice work there, Love the helicopter!
All I would really suggest is to sharpen up the edges on those bricks and give the bricks a higher specular.

Again, Nice work. Keep us posted with your projects :)

Mitja
01-12-2012, 02:27 AM
Hi! I like your image, the concept is great. There are some things that, if it was me, I would change: I agree with Oliver about the edges, they seem too soft, and I agree for the specular too, try with something like 200-300, and I would add some reflections. Another thing is that line on the background in the middle of the image, I can't understand what it is. Anyway, your image is more than just good as is now already! Keep it up!

djwaterman
01-12-2012, 05:32 AM
The line is the floor and wall meeting. Sharpen the edges if it is Lego, but I think it's too late now because that's a lot of bricks to fix. These may be some other type of softer plastic bricks, maybe work on the surface and reflectivity a bit, I'd be pretty happy with it, move on to the next thing. Good job.

OnlineRender
01-12-2012, 01:30 PM
most of the main concerns have been raised but next time remember there is no rule "unless in the brief" that the background has to be walls , try a curved background it seems to bend the light a little easier , regarding lighting ,a fault with most newbie LWavers is they either add too many or not enough , simulate real world lighting , ie outside 1 area light inside a studio there maybe loads , watch the flushness of the bricks , correct the materials and concentrate more on the wireframe some blocks are not rested on the ground correctly ...
also throw in some depth of field , great way to give that image that "PUNCH"

overall excellent work for a first time student .

newo
01-13-2012, 08:11 AM
Thank you all for the comments. I'm actually writing all your comments down, and use it for my everyday notes, and in my future project.

Ill be tweeking the surface editor and give it some specular, glosiness, and reflection, and give it a good background.

Thank you again. :)