article-
http://www.wired.com/underwire/2012/01/dragon-tattoo-opening-titles/

http://www.box.com/shared/static/icexhpspzl7h7sn41ice.jpg

BigHache
01-11-2012, 08:45 AM
Well, that was just nice.

GregMalick
01-11-2012, 05:16 PM
I saw the film last week and was blown away by the credits!

prometheus
01-13-2012, 07:14 AM
very nice and cool.

Pitchblack oily liquid and sticky meets firy orange flames and body bondage.
A reminder of old James bond intros thou.

Gonna be interesting to see the differences between this and the original movies.
Noomi rapace vs rooney maraīs acting etc.

Lotīs of familiar locations there, since it was shot here in stockholm sometimes, and I even think they might have taken some shots right outside my neighbourhoods.

Donīt fancy the intro soundtrack thou.

Michael

cresshead
01-13-2012, 12:40 PM
looks okay, not a fan of the music tagged onto it...
some of the animation feels a bit blocky but who am i to judge it!

jasonwestmas
01-13-2012, 12:53 PM
Well it feels synthetic but in an amazing kind of way which may or may not be desirable. The compositions are superb regardless of the context.

It's an insane amount of work and they may not have had a huge amount of time but that's completely in the unknown.

Markc
01-15-2012, 03:16 PM
I agree the credits where very cool.
But the original film is much better (crappy remake released far too soon)
What's the point in producing exactly the same film just without subtitles.
.......off my soapbox now. :)

Mr Rid
01-15-2012, 03:51 PM
Have not seen any of the versions. But the answer to that question is always the same- money. Although I am surprised Fincher wasted time on a duplicate.

Ernest
01-15-2012, 04:26 PM
But the answer to that question is always the same- money.

Surely, but it seems kind of unintuitive that recreating the entire movie would be more cost-effective than dubbing the original.

Mr Rid
01-15-2012, 04:53 PM
The majority U.S. market wont buy tickets to a movie where they have to read subtitles, and will only go to see big stars they are familiar with. And many of the people who saw and liked the originals, will see this one too. More money.

You'd think someone like George Lucas would have no problem getting backing for a heroic action movie like Red Tails. But he said how the studios wouldnt touch it because it had no white stars in it, and had too little appeal for the foreign market.

It doesnt matter at all how 'good' or 'bad' or 'ethical' a movie may be, the studio motivation is always, and only, about profit.

There are so many comments out there about 'why the hell are they making a sequel to that awful movie?!' Its because that awful movie made a profit. It doesnt matter in the least how many people hated it. If they bought tickets to see it, they can be duped again with the sequel. Or a remake.

IgnusFast
01-15-2012, 05:11 PM
I thought that the American remake was fantastic. The opening sequence was amazing too, though I'm not sure it belonged in front of this movie. I agree with prometheus; after the title sequence I was expecting Bond, not Bondage. :)

Markc
01-16-2012, 07:32 AM
I think my problem was, having seen all three originals, I kept comparing scenes and criticizing differences. If I hadn't seen the originals I think it would have been a very good film. Similarly if the remake of Troll Hunter comes out...same problem.
Funny thing is Noomi Rapace (Lisbeth) is now in US films (Holmes 2, Prometheus).

SBowie
01-16-2012, 07:46 AM
But the original film is much better (crappy remake released far too soon)I haven't seen this new one (not decided whether I will, either), so you may be correct ... although everyone I've talked to said the remake was excellent. I did see the original(s), having previously read the books. I thought there was a lot about them that was commendable (their faithfulness to the books and quality of the acting, among other things), but I also thought they would have benefited from a little tighter editing to move things along a bit at times. Also, had I not read the books first I'm not sure I'd have readily understood some aspects, or even why some lesser characters were included, since the theatrical version gave them more attention that would be standard but still didn't flesh them out to the same useful degree the books did. So overall, I thought they were quite good, but I couldn't honestly say I felt they they were absolutely top notch.

4dartist
01-16-2012, 11:46 AM
I'm trying to read this book right now.. it's.. boring. (so far) I'm about halfway through. The parts about the girl seem to be interesting because she is unusual, but other than that, the rest is a drag for me.

The CG stuff looks pretty neat. I like the bird on fire when it takes off, awesome shot. I may go see the movie when I finish the book to see what how someone else sees the story.

Chris S. (Fez)
01-16-2012, 01:15 PM
I like the originals but prefer the remake. Technically superior with much tighter editing. The romantic relationship was more touching/tragic too IMO.

As for the opening credit sequence...the deluge of darkness and keyboards and flowering strangeness blah blah was great but the humanoids were stiff and weird (bad weird). Should have stuck with abstractions or at least cut much closer to the humanoids.

inkpen3d
01-16-2012, 04:00 PM
I haven't seen the remake yet, but the original films are really excellent and well worth watching if you haven't seen them already!

Cryonic
01-17-2012, 09:46 AM
I've read the books and I've seen this version of the first book. The first book definitely seemed to just kind of slowly drag on through events. The movie was nice, but I don't agree with the changes they made by merging certain characters into each other.