PDA

View Full Version : my model has turned into a big sphere

peteb
10-17-2003, 06:42 PM
Help I don't know what the hells just happened. I was just adding a plugin into model when I noticed that in the perspective view my model was now just a huge sphere. It's actually still fine with inside the sphere and is totally visable in all the other views, the sphere isn't in the orthograhic views. The weird thing is I can't select anything on the sphere but it's definatly made up of polys as it has a cage to it. If I go to other viewing modes you can still see it, apart from in wireframe. What the hell is it. What's even weirder is I hadn't saved out the work so when I closed Lightwave down and opened it again the sphere should have gone, but it hasn't it's still there. Is this some kind of a visual aid that I don't know about and have somehow turned on by accident?

WizCraker
10-17-2003, 08:56 PM
What plugin did you run?

evenflcw
10-17-2003, 09:07 PM
How about showing us a screenshot!? Press a to Fit All first. :)

peteb
10-18-2003, 05:38 AM
Here it is in flat shaded, can you see how it's made up of weird type polys? If I go into wireframe view it vanishes and I can see my model inside. I installed the wrinkle plug in but didn't actually use it, but I did press a button under the construct/reduce section which says gemloss2, I wondered what it was. When it brought up a panel I just pressed cancel...well I think I did. And that's all I did.

peteb
10-18-2003, 09:26 AM
Found out it's a metaball. When I clicked the toggle metaball button it vanished. I don't get why it's just there, I didn't create it.

Jure
10-18-2003, 10:16 AM
Glad you solve it. I was almost afraid some deamon forces possessed LW. ;)