PDA

View Full Version : Ozone 5 and vpr Lightwave 10.

prometheus
01-10-2012, 07:37 AM
checking ozone 5 again with lightwave 10.

Thereīs an issue with VPR not rendering a groundplane properly, it turns up completly black when activating vpr with ozone, final render seems to be correct thou.

Anyone who knows whatīs causing this?
Edit...same on ordinary objects..they turn black.
I think I recall this from earlier on.

Michael

Silkrooster
01-11-2012, 01:36 AM
Well, it displays correctly in Vue 10, but with VPR active accessing the Vue materials, crashed LW. A bit too much for it I guess. Odds are if I gave it time, it may have recovered. But I didn't feel like waiting. So it was more of a non-responsive error than a true crash.

BTW, my specs are:

OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
Version - Service Pack 1 Build 7601
System Type - x64-based PC
Processor - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU X 980 @ 3.33GHz, 3334 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)
Total Physical Memory - 16.0 GB

Video Card - AMD Radeon HD 6570
Adapter RAM - (2,147,483,648) bytes
Driver Version - 8.892.0.0
Resolution - 1280 x 960 x 75 hertz
Bits/Pixel - 32

prometheus
01-11-2012, 01:47 AM
Well, it displays correctly in Vue 10, but with VPR active accessing the Vue materials, crashed LW. A bit too much for it I guess. Odds are if I gave it time, it may have recovered. But I didn't feel like waiting. So it was more of a non-responsive error than a true crash.

BTW, my specs are:

OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
Version - Service Pack 1 Build 7601
System Type - x64-based PC
Processor - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU X 980 @ 3.33GHz, 3334 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)
Total Physical Memory - 16.0 GB

Video Card - AMD Radeon HD 6570
Adapter RAM - (2,147,483,648) bytes
Driver Version - 8.892.0.0
Resolution - 1280 x 960 x 75 hertz
Bits/Pixel - 32

what?..donīt quite follow you here, displays correctly in vue 10?..we are talking ozone 5 and lightwave 10.
And the display is about the VPR rendering all objects black, but in final lightwave render correctly.

Stay away from radeon cards..to avoid crashes:D
Havenīt had any crashes at all with lw 10 and ozone versions.
Just annoyed that it doesnīt work properly with vpr, and ozones lousy small preview window, and you canīt edit atmosphere while having VPR active, wich you can do if you use the atmospheric volumetric plugin ogo taiki.

Something like this is what is needed for ozone if I ever gonna purchase it...erikals showcasing vpr and ogo taiki...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asiypf9eIp4&feature=plcp&context=C3eeded8UDOEgsToPDskJYLEdZn3l69n6rUwX8f3eC

Ogo Taiki with particles...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cg8w8AVzsO8&feature=plcp&context=C3ab60baUDOEgsToPDskIE7lhK6b6NoZSoqBFjrusF

Silkrooster
01-13-2012, 11:15 PM
what?..donīt quite follow you here, displays correctly in vue 10?..we are talking ozone 5 and lightwave 10.
And the display is about the VPR rendering all objects black, but in final lightwave render correctly.

Stay away from radeon cards..to avoid crashes:D
Havenīt had any crashes at all with lw 10 and ozone versions.
Just annoyed that it doesnīt work properly with vpr, and ozones lousy small preview window, and you canīt edit atmosphere while having VPR active, wich you can do if you use the atmospheric volumetric plugin ogo taiki.

Something like this is what is needed for ozone if I ever gonna purchase it...erikals showcasing vpr and ogo taiki...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asiypf9eIp4&feature=plcp&context=C3eeded8UDOEgsToPDskJYLEdZn3l69n6rUwX8f3eC

Ogo Taiki with particles...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cg8w8AVzsO8&feature=plcp&context=C3ab60baUDOEgsToPDskIE7lhK6b6NoZSoqBFjrusF

Since I don't have Ozone but do have Vue, I offered what I could, since both apps share some of the same code. Or they are suppose to.

prometheus
01-14-2012, 04:33 AM
Since I don't have Ozone but do have Vue, I offered what I could, since both apps share some of the same code. Or they are suppose to.

well thatīs a completly different story really,
You canīt help out with this on a vue platform.

Ivé worked with vue too, and can tell you that you do not have the same control over the atmosphere and clouds as in vue, neither can you preview it decently.
Apart from missing vue features..this is a question of it not working and rendering properly with Lightwave objects.

But thanks anyway.

Michael

prometheus
01-14-2012, 04:52 AM
PS.

You could try ozone ple yourself..itīs free to download.

Michael