PDA

View Full Version : texturing and morphing

ecs787s
10-17-2003, 06:22 PM
I have a character whose head is textured with the process that Dan Alban explains in his book(unwrapped and then cylindrically mapped). Now, when I go and move points around for facial expressions, the image map doesn't move with the geometry. Is there a way that I can get my character's eyebrows to move with the geometry with this way of mapping? Do I have to use a UV map? And if so is there any way to get the UV to unwrap just like the Unwrap command did? Thanks.

evenflcw
10-17-2003, 08:47 PM
Don't worry about it!Unless your using World Coordinates option (where this would be in order), it's just Modelers openGL being extra funky. Once you bring it into Layout you'll see everything is ok. The (base) states sets the way the images will be "stuck on" so to speak.

If you'd like proper view in Modeler you must unfortunatly UVmap. I don't know how unwrap does it, but you have options to autocreate cylindrical maps using Create UVmap or TextureGuide for better feedback and tweaking. Worst case scenario, bring the cylindrical map in as template in the UV viewport and after you've cylidrical mapped using LWs native options start dragging them points :-/

ecs787s
10-17-2003, 09:02 PM
I see. Yeah it does work well in layout just not modeler. It kinda sucks but I guess I can live with that. Thanks a whole lot.