PDA

View Full Version : Little Ace intro animation

Pamela G. Juust
01-09-2012, 08:13 AM
Hey!

Here's my last animation project. We recently released an interactive childrens book app for kids and this is the animated intro for it. The animation is Lightwave + some post production in After Effects. It took one month to complete. I'm not entirely happy with everything, but the deadline needed to be met.
Take a look and leave me a comment. Thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlC8XeAfMI8

Dexter2999
01-09-2012, 08:47 AM
Pretty neat. Nice look to it. Congratulations!

Not sure what part you aren't happy with, but only thing that stood out to me was some of the actual animating. While some seemed "spot on" appropriate (like the stilted gate for walking for a newborn) others seemed a little less natural.

It's all about the "S" curves.

Keep it up.

Ryan Roye
01-09-2012, 09:18 AM
Not sure what part you aren't happy with, but only thing that stood out to me was some of the actual animating.Keep it up.

Agreed, but otherwise it works. The lighting and artwork is excellent... liking that soft shadowing and how you got the light to wrap around the chick in that way.

EDIT: The mention of S-curves got me thinking: I wonder if there's a plugin out there that makes making S-curves easier (or a way to script it)... it'd be cool to just take any two frames from any number of objects or instances and snap them into a pre-defined bezier S curve since modifying the TCB doesn't always yield great results.

Pamela G. Juust
01-09-2012, 02:18 PM
Not sure what part you aren't happy with, but only thing that stood out to me was some of the actual animating.

Yes, you are right. Some of the animation is very rushed. The worst are the sheep and cow smiles which are just one endomorph with an envelope. They were the last scenes that i needed to push out very quickly.
I'm quite happy with the overall visual look. It took a lot of time to get the light and textures look right.

Thanks for the replies!

stiff paper
01-09-2012, 02:26 PM
Nice work!

abdelkarim
01-09-2012, 03:45 PM
nice work

probiner
01-09-2012, 03:49 PM
Carry on Pamela, nice.
I really wasn't expecting the 10 commandments to pop up xD