PDA

View Full Version : Copying Edit Properties settings

svbell
10-17-2003, 02:35 PM
There has to be a simple way to do this: If I want to copy all the settings (F8) of a clip to another / several one(s), what is the tool / shortcut?
Thanks for any help!! :)

sv

robewil
10-17-2003, 02:42 PM
Copy the clip on the time line. Replace the copy with the replacement clip while holding the ALT key. The replacement clip will "inherit" the properties of the first clip.

bradl
10-17-2003, 06:53 PM
There are 4 ways I can think of that would do it.

1. Inherit - easiest for one or two clips

2. Toolshed User Preset - best for repeated use

3. Drag instance to Filebin - drag it out as needed, but change reference to new clip in Spreadsheet

4. Right click on tab of module and hit copy, go to new clip's module tab and hit paste- this used to work in VT2, not sure if it still works in VT3 as I have not tried it

svbell
10-17-2003, 08:16 PM
Thanks for the tips.
I think the easiest one is the inherit, though it could work better. The right-click on the module's tab sounded promising, but unfortunately it does not just copy the control tree, it also grabs the time code, clip and timeline location, so it is useless for what I try to do.

I want to be able to set alpha value, color saturation, 3D position and color adjustments, and repeat these settings to a bunch of clips.

sv

Jim_C
10-17-2003, 08:54 PM
>> want to be able to set alpha value, color saturation, 3D position and color adjustments, and repeat these settings to a bunch of clips.

Toolshed/User Presets store Your new one there with name. highlight all clips hit apply.

toolshed rocks.

bradl
10-19-2003, 02:10 AM
agree... for a bunch of clips toolshed is the way to go. Once you create a preset, you have control over every parameter (on/off) when you go to apply...

svbell
10-19-2003, 06:15 PM
OK I'll take a closer look at the toolshed. I checked it already, but couldn't figure out how to preset these Properties parameters.

sv

Paul Lara
10-20-2003, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by svbell
OK I'll take a closer look at the toolshed. I checked it already, but couldn't figure out how to preset these Properties parameters.

Just set your clip the way you normally would, using the spline controller, positioner, Edit Props Panel, whatever. When you get it the way you like it, go to User Presets, and click 'Add' and give it a descriptive name. Now all that work is invested for the next time you need that function.

svbell
10-20-2003, 07:29 AM
That easy?!...

How come the human brain always look for the most complex way to do things :D I'll have to get used to the ease-of-use of VT[3]

This feature will comes in very handy. Right now I am (re)editing on the Toaster a short film I edited last month on another package. What took two weeks to build turned out a 2 days work with VTEdit. Noooo kidding!

-sv

Demon8
10-22-2003, 01:27 PM
Where can I find Toolshed?

svbell
10-22-2003, 01:32 PM
There must be a keyboard shortcut, but the button is on the main VTEdit screen, next to copy paste...

sv

RomainR
10-22-2003, 01:45 PM
the short cut is the F8 key

svbell
10-22-2003, 01:55 PM
Isn't F8 the edit Properties panel?
The Toolshed must have an Fx shortcut too.

sv

RomainR
10-22-2003, 02:00 PM
sorry it's F9,

what was I thinking.:rolleyes:

svbell
10-22-2003, 02:07 PM
...Which leads to another question: is there a way to assign an F key or a keyboard shortcut to a Toolshed action?

sv

RomainR
10-22-2003, 02:55 PM
That's a great question,

Maybe one of the toasterscript gurus can answer that one.

svbell
10-22-2003, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by RomainR
That's a great question,

Maybe one of the toasterscript gurus can answer that one.

Yeah, that would be terrific to be able to map keystroke to repetitive tasks. I just purchased this afternoon a Contour Design' ShuttlePro 2, its 15 programmable keys were very attractive, not to mention the jogger.

sv