PDA

View Full Version : Edit .pfx file?

daz1761
01-08-2012, 07:32 AM
Im gutted because I had my particle emitter set up spot on, but when i imported another dynamic object, it had problems so I baked the emitter and everything was fine. I have just found out for some reason my particle emitter ends far to early now but I cant seem to edit the setting and when I clear the .pfx file, the emitter goes back to its old behaviour and shoots all the particles in the wrong direction :(

Is there a way I can tweek the file at all?

Thanks

prometheus
01-08-2012, 07:45 AM
Im gutted because I had my particle emitter set up spot on, but when i imported another dynamic object, it had problems so I baked the emitter and everything was fine. I have just found out for some reason my particle emitter ends far to early now but I cant seem to edit the setting and when I clear the .pfx file, the emitter goes back to its old behaviour and shoots all the particles in the wrong direction :(

Is there a way I can tweek the file at all?

Thanks

Dont think you can go in and edit the pfx file wich is baked, you will unfortunatly have to do it right with the original emitter setup, but that is what you learn from ..once you figure it out.:)

Michael

daz1761
01-08-2012, 07:59 AM
Ah bollards :(

its just with my flag in my scene, the emitter goes tits up, oh well, decisions decisions

Thanks

prometheus
01-08-2012, 08:02 AM
Ah bollards :(

its just with my flag in my scene, the emitter goes tits up, oh well, decisions decisions

Thanks

Perhaps start fresh, if you go off on the wrong way, you simply step back to the other right direction, clear emitter and start again is my suggestion, might be harder to go through all settings otherwise.

You can also post your scenefiles and describe the problem for others to help out, if your allowed to post and that won´t be a big issue for your work.

Michael

daz1761
01-08-2012, 08:12 AM

I think i will defo do that, ill do some screen shots before I delete i thinks

Cheers

prometheus
01-08-2012, 08:14 AM

I think i will defo do that, ill do some screen shots before I delete i thinks

Cheers

or save incremental files, and work on that, you can always go back to the old file and compare then.

Michael