PDA

View Full Version : Anyone given GoZ a try yet?

djwaterman
01-04-2012, 05:41 AM
I'm wondering if any Zbrush / LW11 users out there have used the GoZ function in LW11 yet? If so, is it great? Just learning ZBrush with the trial version at the moment and I don't have LW11 yet so I can't answer the question myself.
Currently there are a number of different ways to go between both apps but I'm wondering if the GoZ thing makes it all a one click operation like the promotion made out.

(I never thought I'd want to get into ZB too much but actually playing with it induces erections.)

prometheus
01-04-2012, 07:58 AM
Just started myself to test it, but canīt say that much more than I think it will rock once you learn the workflow, just tested simple sculpting with lowres mesh and high res mesh, but havenīt gotten to normal displacement maps or texturing yet.

It will probably take a couple of weeks before I can give better feedback, but someone else might be able to give a better cover.

Michael

djwaterman
01-04-2012, 07:03 PM
Thanks, I've found all the ZB to LW tutorials out there are old ones, so its hard to figure out what the current work flow is with LW10. I'm quite surprised at how under resourced this side of things are, but I guess it reflects the dwindling user-base or something.

eureka
01-24-2012, 08:43 PM
Im using LW11 and GoZ..and with regards to Tutorials yep your right not much out there...
But you know im just trying everything to get it working...nearly succeeding...
The program wont break so just keep trying and you might get to post your own tute..
Good luck..
Ps if you do find something pls advise

cheers

eagleeyed
01-24-2012, 11:17 PM
Hey there,

I have given it a few goes, one click and it does move the model between Lightwave and Zbrush and vice versa.

If you create textures in Zbrush it does apply them easily to the model, it really is very easy. Seems to be implimented well so far. :)

Dont think it has crashed once on me yet. (I have not tried major texturing yet though, just basic tests). Imports this model perfectly though the second you click GoZ though.

http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?t=125280

RebelHill
01-25-2012, 03:31 AM
well, the reason ZB tuts are all old reli is cos the process hasnt changed since the steve warner guide... The only change comes in 11.

Want a tut for that... click "GoZ"... there u go.

No really, very easy, very smooth, sometimes a lil twitchy with multilayer objects, but otherwise love it.

wrench
01-25-2012, 04:12 AM
If you want to use multiple objects in ZB then you need to make sure Import as Subtool is ticked in ZB and that your multiple objects are just that in LightWave, not layers.

B