PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave 7.5c

cholo
10-17-2003, 11:22 AM
I need some help. This I posted ages ago but I never got an answer and now I finally need some help. One of my lightwave seats is what NewTek calls the videotoaster animator's edition, meaning it is a videotoaster with the full version of lightwave 7.5. Now back when 7.5c was released it was mentioned in the forums that updating 7.5b from the animator's editions with the update file posted on NewTek's site would "render" lightwave unusable. Since then, there have been no files posted to update the animator's edition. Now a project has surfaced in which I need some of 7.5c's features and I need to update. Any help?

Aegis
10-17-2003, 11:31 AM
IFAIK the 7.5c update broke the link between the 'Toaster and LightWave i.e. LightWave no longer saw the VT[2] as its "dongle"

No formal announcement has been made (that I'm aware of) as to the availability of 7.5c for the Animator's Edition bundle and bizarrely it's now largely redundant as 7.5c comes with the VT[3].

Which poses an interesting question - What's an animator to do with his LightWave 7.5 if he upgrades to VT[3]? I guess it just kinda vanishes as if it were never there...

Which features did you need to use? Maybe there's a workaround. Also I think 7.5b did work (and wasn't too unstable on the PC) maybe that has what you need?

cholo
10-17-2003, 11:41 AM
Maybe Newtek should just send animator edition's owners some dongles? :)

Aegis
10-17-2003, 11:42 AM
That's probably the fairest solution - you should call NewTek and suggest it...

lwaddict
02-26-2004, 06:52 PM
Ok...
now I'm looking into this as well.

I've got the VT2 Animator's Bundle...
and would like to upgrade my Lightwave to 7.5c

Is this or is this not possible?

AND...
if it's not possible.

Why would anyone, and I mean anyone, bother to ever purchase a bundle like this from Newtek again? We're talking about an update that is literally given away to licensed users...we, Animator's Edition owners, ARE licensed users yah?

How can I recommend such a purchase to co-workers and other fellow animators?

Newtek?
Paul?
Someone?