PDA

View Full Version : Art of destruction-fx guide!

prometheus
01-03-2012, 03:59 AM
http://www.fxguide.com/featured/art-of-destruction-or-art-of-blowing-crap-up/

some breakdowns of mostly the bullet engine, and mostly houdini related, but the core engine is mostly applyable I think for Lightwave´s bullet.

check it out.

Michael

OnlineRender
01-03-2012, 09:20 AM
started this last night , animatic stage . ive already done one but I thought it needed refined ..

silviotoledo
01-04-2012, 07:12 AM
great article!

Houdini looks great!

prometheus
01-04-2012, 07:30 AM
great article!

Houdini looks great!

Yeah Houdini is, but I prefer to work in lightwave.
Been checking houdini from time to time, some things are awesome, but some are quirky and much harder to learn with a more technical aproach than the easy lightwave way:)
But otherwise Houdini must be recognized as the number one top vfx applications for the most haunting tasks and the most flexible tool I guess.

The pricing might be over my head to (6695$) unless I know Im about to get a job in a big studio or something.

Otherwise you can always use the almost fully featured apprentice or the lighter version..my last apprentice version stopped to work when I last tried, I guess I need to reinstall from scratch.

Dont think I have the time to work and test houdini now with lw 11 pre-release and bullet and testing turbulence fluids.

I hope these two and a new particle or improved particle system can be made quite flexible too, wich means driving the assets with nodes and combining them in a good way so fluids and bullet and particles can be used quite seamless with eachother.

Right now bullet needs baking to mdd before particle appliance, wich worked without mdd baking in the hard fx system.

Michael