PDA

View Full Version : Feature request for next release...

Serling
01-01-2012, 11:16 PM
I recently purchased Silo on sale and noticed it - like 3DS Max - has a "Ghosted Shade Mode" which lowers the opacity of an object for ease of modeling when using a reference.

Now I know a workaround in LightWave would be to change the opacity of each surface manually in the surface editor, but if you have an object with lots of surfaces, this would be time-consuming.

So please consider this my request for a similar feature in LightWave for the next release. :thumbsup:

ZE_COLMEIA
01-02-2012, 12:48 AM
I would say , if lightwave modeler had a layer mode that the layer is onscreen but non editable with the option to set the transparency would be usefull. It would be nice to have an editable model and a non editable on for many purposes of reference and stuff just like image planes or entire 3d models.

Sensei
01-02-2012, 09:24 AM
Drawing transparent polygons in OpenGL requires sorting them in reverse order from camera, and then drawing from the farthest to nearest. That's asking for slowing down modeling a lot because of slower updating viewports..

speismonqui
01-02-2012, 01:10 PM
I would say , if lightwave modeler had a layer mode that the layer is onscreen but non editable with the option to set the transparency would be usefull. It would be nice to have an editable model and a non editable on for many purposes of reference and stuff just like image planes or entire 3d models.

like a "lock/unlock" option in the layers panel? :thumbsup: